PC Hardware forum

General discussion

I have a problem with my graphics card.

I usally can figure these things out on my own but this one has me stumped.

I have a desktop which the specs are.

Pent 4 3ghz

1gb ran

200 gig harddrive

Geforce 6800 gt 256 megs

I also have a laptop with these specs.

AMD 64 running at 2.0ghz

746 Megs of ram

60 gig harddrive

ATI 9600 Radeon Mobilty 64 megs

Now here is the thing that has me stumped I got a game called Trackmania:Sunshine There is a Benchmark on the game that tells you how many frames your getting.

Since I just got it I left everything on Default and just up the res on the desktop to 1280X1024 And I got around 63fps on the desktop.

Well at work today I installed it on my laptop and up the res to as High as it would go on it which was 1024X968. Leaving everything at defalt. I got 91.3 FPS!

Well when I got home tonight I went straight to my desktop and poped it in and ran the bench again. the first run at 1280 I got 43 FPS.

Then I set it to the 1024X968 I got 63 this time and its stayed at 63 this is everything default besides the Res.

How the heck is my Laptop out performing my Desktop and how is a ATI 9600 card out performing a Gefore 6800.

I can't figure this out.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I have a problem with my graphics card.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I have a problem with my graphics card.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
re

In reply to: I have a problem with my graphics card.

well the amd is better at gaming but the 6800gt is suppose to be better than the 9600 by a lot. probably the game suks.

Collapse -
re

try using 3dmark.

Collapse -
Athlon64 is better for gaming...

the coding is probably sad on this game
and i'm guessing the CPU is affecting the performance more than the GPU

Collapse -
Its fixed.

In reply to: Athlon64 is better for gaming...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ouch... the sting...

In reply to: Its fixed.

Collapse -
Err.....Hank....the sucking comment was from

In reply to: Its fixed.

Nerdyboy, whom I believe is not a teenager yet, not Ozos.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!