Samsung forum

Question

I have a problem with hesitation on my BD-D5500

by andygstroud / October 19, 2011 9:57 PM PDT

I have recently purchased a UE55D8000 television and a BD-D550 DVD player. I am running the DVD via a new Onkyo AV amp.
When I play a Blu-Ray film every 10-20 secs there is a slight hesitation in the smoothness of the picture. This happens on any film and is particularly noticeable on slow panning shots. I have the 24fps setting to auto as per the manual. When I switch this off the problem seems to be resolved and the hesitation stops. However after my initially elation I've noticed that the hesitation still occurs but now every 10 - 20 mins. Any ideas? I have put a call in to Samsung and they are arranging for a service company to collect. Bearing in mind the kit was bought on 13th October I'm pretty miffed.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I have a problem with hesitation on my BD-D5500
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I have a problem with hesitation on my BD-D5500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
What I'm seeing is
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 20, 2011 4:29 AM PDT

More products that are rushed out with small imperfections that they plan to fix with firmware updates. Microsoft paved the way on this and we bought it.

Ouch.
Bob

Collapse -
Problem with UE55D8000 Television
by andygstroud / October 25, 2011 2:34 AM PDT
In reply to: What I'm seeing is

Further to my post above, I have tried another DVD player and still have the problem. I have changed the HDMI cables to eliminate that but the problem remains. With 24FPS output from a DVD player the tv hesitates (Video only) every 20-30 seconds. I spoke to Samsung who said that the television is already showing the best possible picture and that I should turn off the 24FPS on the DVD as this was only for people with older televisions who had a poor picture. Sounds mighty suspicious to me, can anybody help? I have reset the set and installed the latest firmware!

Collapse -
So did you try it?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 25, 2011 4:14 AM PDT

I read your post twice and can't see where you tried it. Also, I've found using component connections to cure this in too many maker products to list here.

HDMI is not about quality but seems to be more about HD Content Protection (HDCP) which is, in my view, pollution.
Bob

Collapse -
Don't think I can use component
by andygstroud / October 25, 2011 4:47 PM PDT
In reply to: So did you try it?

I haven't tried component because its a 3d set and I believe requires hdmi for the 3d signal

Collapse -
Hesitation during blu ray playback
by Dannyboy5020 / September 22, 2012 3:11 PM PDT

I have just purchased a new Samsung blu ray player and I am having the same issues. About every 10-20 seconds there is a slight hesitation while playing a blu ray disc. Did u end up finding a solution to this problem.

Dan

Collapse -
As noted. Update the firmware.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 23, 2012 12:35 AM PDT

And if it's still failing, you just got it so back it goes.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!