General discussion

I GOT HACK BY CLICKING A LINK

HI WHEN I WAS PLAYING YOVILLE GAME ON FACEBOOK A GUY GAVE ME A LINK TO CLICK THE LINK WAS LIKE WWW.MEDIAFIRE.COM......AFTER SOME TIME HE GOT MY FACE BOOK AND THE GAME TO HIS HAND.AND I CHANGE THE PASSWORDS OF ALL MY ACCOUNTS BUT IT DIDNT STOP, SO I WENT FROM ANOTHER FAKE FACEBOOK PROFILE HE HACK THAT ONE ALSO AND WHEN I TYPE STUFF IN ONLINE GAME WITH MY FAKE PROFILE HE ALSO CAN DELETE WHAT I TYPE ALSO AND I FORMATT THE COMPUITER STIL HE CAN HACK ME.AFTER SOME TIME I GOT THE FACEBOOK PROFILE BACK AND IT HAD 2 LOGGIN USER NAMES MY LOGGIN USER NAME AND SOME OTHER ONE CALLED HACKMID@HOTMAIL.COM IF U CAN PLZZ HELP ME!!!!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I GOT HACK BY CLICKING A LINK
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I GOT HACK BY CLICKING A LINK
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Three things

Three things

1: This pretty much can ONLY happen if you're using Internet Explorer

2: Even if #1 weren't true, let this be a lesson not to just randomly click on links sent to you by unknown people

3: Your keyboard has a broken caps lock key

- Collapse -
Sad but true.

Mediafire is something you may want to never visit again. Anyone can put anything there so when you go there you are essentially surrendering your PC to "them."

Clicking on links like that is just a bad idea. So lesson learned.

If you forgot to backup your stuff, do that first then wipe and reinstall the PC and rebuild your PC 'life."

Now that you know you won't do it again.
Bob

CNET Forums