General discussion

I get these messages.

Firstly i'd like to say hello. This is my first post. I have been on the net all day trying to find drivers and answers to my problem. Then i stumbled onto this forum. So if any one can help. Thanks in advance..

Ok i'm getting a new Pc soon but for now i want to sort out this problem.
I start my Pc and things are ok. Then when my screensaver comes up i get these messages in boxes.

The service database is locked

Cant start Kernel mode Driver service

Loading Kernel DLL(EIO.dill).Fails! Program aborts.

I fullishly tried to play Half Life 2 on my pc.
Windows Xp pro
PC specs. Pentium 3
256 MB Ram
40 GB HD

So before i realised that my pc wasn't up to it. I deleted files from pc that i didnt use. (i bought it 2nd hand)
I think i must have deleted files connected with the driver.
So my question is . How can i get the driver to work ok? I can get on the net and very very rarely my pc freezes, But when i try to do things off line . Like a virus scan my pc freezes up. I even was doing a document on word and it froze. So if you understand all that. Can you give me any advice? Thanks.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: I get these messages.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I get these messages.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
See if this helps
http://www.windowsbbs.com/printthread.php?t=30667

This is another forum where a problem similar to yours was reported.

Initially EIO.dll was thought to be malware, but then it was suggested this was a video driver problem with the ASUS graphic driver.

Do you use an ASUS video card? If so, you might want to visit their web site and look for any support there.

http://www.asus.com/

Mark
- Collapse -
system restore

Have you tried to restore it to a time before the trouble began?

- Collapse -
Yes

Yes but unfortunatly i hadn't allowed the restore function. I am no PC wizard. But i'm learning more due to these problems.Any more ideas?

- Collapse -
Then..

..how about last good configuration ?

(F8 when booting for the boot menu. Then choose.)

- Collapse -
When you get this problem solved

I'd recommend you enable system restore. It can undo a lot of mistakes.

- Collapse -
I have now

I have now. After learning from my mistakes. But my original question still applies.

- Collapse -
What happened

when you tried the forum I suggested?

Did you identify your video card as ASUS?

Mark

- Collapse -
Cant

I cant register on the forum as it wont accept hotmail as an email provider. It has to be an ISP provider email. Unfortunately i live in Bangkok and i'm on dial up using prepaid cards. And ye my card is ASUS. Its a V9950 Geforce FX 5900. I have the doctor program installed but i had these problems before i installed it.

CNET Forums

Forum Info