Speakeasy forum

General discussion

I find it strange

by oldie and goody / August 21, 2009 5:19 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I find it strange
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I find it strange
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Actually, I find it stranger that this president
by Steven Haninger / August 21, 2009 5:34 AM PDT
In reply to: I find it strange

hasn't been pampered and protected like he was during the race for the job. He's taken his share of knocks. As for "great news", I think that just depends on whose ears it hits. I've heard and read that when people are satisfied, the say little but will gripe like crazy if everything isn't perfect. Happy

Collapse -
Category of ratings
by Angeline Booher / August 21, 2009 5:49 AM PDT

Where it has fallen is in the category, "Do you approve of Obama's health care plan?"

However, a good majority answer in the affirmative when asked i they support reform, and to even some of the proposals.

However, his personal popularity remains strong.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
RE: has drawn no mention at all here,
by JP Bill / August 21, 2009 6:09 AM PDT

no one wanted to be the first one.

Heard something today about Bushs approval rating going up after raising the terrorist threat level.

Think Obama should try that?

Collapse -
Not yet
by Steven Haninger / August 21, 2009 6:36 AM PDT

If you sound the alarm, there had better be a fire. Let the weatherman convince you to carry your umbrella for 3 days in a row and you end up with a sunburn, you're gonna' have his head on a stake. Happy

Collapse -
RE: end up with a sunburn,
by JP Bill / August 21, 2009 6:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Not yet

I carry a dual purpose unit, an UMbrella and a SUNbrella Wink

Collapse -
Jim Carey says that weathermen
by Diana Forum moderator / August 22, 2009 8:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Not yet

are the only people that are paid to lie. Wink

Diana

Collapse -
Maybe he did, but if so he was wrong ...
by Bill Osler / August 22, 2009 8:56 AM PDT

It's pretty obvious that politicians make more money lying than they do telling the truth. I guess they must be paid to lie also.

Collapse -
I hate to pick on them, but...
by EdHannigan / August 22, 2009 9:02 AM PDT

Don't forget lawyers.

Collapse -
Right, I forgot ..
by Bill Osler / August 22, 2009 9:15 AM PDT

How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?

When his lips are moving.

Collapse -
I heard that about car salesmen
by Diana Forum moderator / August 22, 2009 10:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Right, I forgot ..

when I was selling cars. Of course, they also said it about customers. Wink

Diana

Collapse -
I really hate the price haggling game
by Steven Haninger / August 22, 2009 11:19 AM PDT

on the car lots. It's as if it's a sports competition that comes with bragging rights to the winner. I know Saturn didn't haggle in the beginning but don't know if they ever caved. I don't know how the haggling tradition found it's way into car buying. It can be rather nerve wracking....and what really happens when the sales person disappears to present your offer to the manager for approval? I'd love to hear that conversation. Happy

Collapse -
Yeah, I've heard it about other folks too,
by Bill Osler / August 22, 2009 11:20 AM PDT

Politicians, car salesmen, attorneys, Microsoft tech support, and also customers of almost any business/profession ... but my favorite victims are attorneys.

Of course, I've also heard a lot of jokes about my own profession. Some of which we probably deserve (but I didn't say that).

Collapse -
Lawyer joke told to me by an older lawyer, pillar of the
by Ziks511 / August 22, 2009 11:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Right, I forgot ..

Canadian Establishment, life long Conservative, and Queen's Counsel, who appeared before the Canadian Supreme Court several times.

An honest lawyer, a crooked lawyer, Mickey Mouse and Daffy Duck were round a table playing cards. Right when the pot was the biggest all the lights went out, and when they came back on all the money was gone. Now, who stole the money and why?

The crooked lawyer of course, the other three are all fictional characters.

Rob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.