In the case that you?ve upgrade your Internet Explorer to version 8 and a clear slowdown is noticed when the opening the browser or the browser crashes when you try opening tabs, the logical step is to scan for viruses or malwares.
* But sometimes this doesn?t work and as result your IE8 is still to slow.
* IE 8 has its own system of protection against malicious sites. As a result, there would be conflicts when changing the hosts file (with the anti-spyware installed to protect your PC).
* Another factor is that it may be due to a badly declared File System
* In any case, we are still waiting for updates from Microsoft to resolve these problems.
Here below is a small tip helping you to manage with this problem.
* Close your browser and all applications before you proceed throughout the manipulation.
XP Sp3 Home Ed.
MSI mb 7312
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core
2 gb ram
HDA WD 320gb
ATT Broadband DSL Pro
I initiate Yahoo email and can download websites just fine.
The "just fine" condition lasts for several minutes then downloads grind to a very slow pace.
I must 'Restart' to continue normal download speeds