Speakeasy forum

General discussion

I don't know who you should blame

by MarciaB / August 23, 2004 11:02 AM PDT

Dave K is the one who told me about Yahoo! Photos, and Diane recently posted some pics of her new kitten.

soooooo.........y'all can blame them equally for MY newest photo display of our new kitten! LOL Happy

Garfield joined our household last month. He loves us all, including the dog. He would like to "love" the 3 mice we have, too, but we keep them under protection 24/7!!

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/m2003butler/my_photos
Click on the one that says "Garfield" (duh! Happy )

Thanks for letting me share (as if you really had a choice!!)
--Marcia

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I don't know who you should blame
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I don't know who you should blame
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Reminds me of when I lived on the farm a bit
by Dragon / August 23, 2004 12:20 PM PDT

We had thirteen cats, two dogs, two horses and chickens. All the critter got along, with cats sleeping with the dogs and so forth.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) awwww poity cat:)
by Mark5019 / August 23, 2004 1:46 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) He is kinda' cute, isn't he? :)
by MarciaB / August 23, 2004 9:57 PM PDT
In reply to: (NT) awwww poity cat:)
Collapse -
Cute kitty and cuter kid!!!!
by Diane Harrison / August 23, 2004 1:55 PM PDT

Both absolutely adorable!!! I like the doggie too, of course Happy

That's a gorgeous color for a cat. Looks like the doggie is tolerating this all very well. Now the race is on to see which one gets to your favorite chair or couch to curl up first! Just be sure to teach kitty that the keyboard is NOT your playground Wink

Collapse -
Thanks Diane :)
by MarciaB / August 23, 2004 10:07 PM PDT

My youngest is the one who got to pick out the kitten. There's a reason he chose an orange tabby. Several years ago he had been allowed to bring home a cat that had been abandoned outside of town. I used to say that Smokey was possessed by a demon. She was a monster! Anyway, our old tabby cat Tiger ran away when Smokey moved in. Tiger had been my older boys cat. Kelton always felt bad about that, so chose an orange tabby as a way of "atonement". He's happy because his older brother likes Garfield.

As far as the dog and cat go, Sparky is the most loving and fun dog I have ever been around. Once Garfield realized Sparky wasn't going to eat her up, they became best friends. Sparky used to babysit the mice for me when they were in their playpen. She would sit next to it and keep her head over the side into the cage. The mice would come over and put their paws on her nose and play around her head. It was cute to watch.

I have, so far, kept him away from the computers. You know how cats are, though........I don't know what he does when I'm gone Happy

What's that old joke about cats:
Dogs have masters.
Cats have servants.

Take care,
-- Marcia

Collapse -
Re: I don't know who you should blame
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / August 23, 2004 1:57 PM PDT

Hi, Marcia.

With pictures like that, blame need not be ascribed! Does he have a personality like his more famous namesake?

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Re: I don't know who you should blame
by MarciaB / August 23, 2004 10:15 PM PDT

At first I thought the answer to the cartoon cat comparison was easy - "yes". But then I got to thinking about it. He really does seem to like Sparky, and not just to use her like Garfield does Odie. Besides, Sparky is smarter than Odie. Come to think of it, a bag of hammers is smarter than Odie! I like Odie though. I always root for the underdog Wink

Also, our Garfield doesn't have much fat on him "yet." He is in that adolescent stage, and is all legs. He's gangly and uncoordinated, which is funny for a cat as they become so graceful later in life. He sleeps a good part of the time when he's not up and about. With our big house, he has lots of hidey holes!

We will have to do another comparison when he's all growed up Happy

Thanks, Dave,

--Marcia

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?