General discussion

I don't have a bluebird on my shoulder

BUT there is Red Cardinal pecking at my bedroom window.

It also goes on the outside rear view mirror on my car and pecks at its reflection, then tears at the rubber around the window.

I've seen it across the street going at my neighbours mirrors.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I don't have a bluebird on my shoulder
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I don't have a bluebird on my shoulder
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Mating season?

Is it defending it's territory against male intruders? Happy

Mark

- Collapse -
He was here a few weeks ago

Hadn't seen it again until today...no sure if it's the same one...they all look the same Devil

- Collapse -
PS. no fear of me taking it's mates

I can't fly.

- Collapse -
Blue Jays

I had a blue jay that for days would hop onto my outside rear view mirror on my pickup truck as well...it would take off and dive bomb its reflection in the mirror as well as fly at its reflection in the window on that side. It was always early morning when this happened and I believe it's because that side of the truck was always in the shade at that time of day and the reflection on the window showed up easily. As blue jays are also very territorial and normally chase off cardinals here, they will fight any other birds including their own that they believe has entered that terrority, even if that bird is themselves. I have a dog feeder on my front porch that I had to stop using because when the jays weren't fighting each other, I would get forty or fifty of them at a whack sitting on top of the dog house and my porch railings and taking turns dive bombing the feeder...I couldn't understand how my two dogs were eating triple what they normally eat until I realized that the jays were the ones eating me out of house and home and starving my dogs. Now I bring the dogs into the house to eat and then send them back out.

CNET Forums