Download.com Site Feedback forum

Rant

I can't unsubscribe from CNet Spam Newsletters!

by Orange Fox / November 14, 2014 8:48 AM PST

I signed up for CNet using my Google account yesterday and it was a nightmare. Clearly you guys need a new website programmer because the website was so glitchy. Reviews did not save, buttons did not work, etc. Now I have another problem. I elected to not receive spam-err newsletters when I was signing up but I got some in the e-mail anyway. The emails said to unsubscribe by going to my Subscription Settings or something and disabling the option. However, when I log in with my Google Account, then go to my Profile and the Subscriptions tab (or ANY tab for that matter other than the Profile tab which I'm stuck on), a popup appears saying "Welcome Back, X (Not you?)" with a random log in field below which blocks the page, DESPITE THE FACT THAT I AM ALREADY LOGGED ON (Note how the popup says "Welcome Back X"). This happens whenever I click the other tabs in your profile page, and I can't access them because the window appears every time. I thought that the problem was due to me signing up with a Google Account so I tried to create a separate CNet account, but I couldn't use the same email twice. This happens on every browser so it's no browser problem. Thanks for the spam, CNet!

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">http://tinypic.com/r/11buqdy/8

Sincerely,
Another Happy User

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I can't unsubscribe from CNet Spam Newsletters!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I can't unsubscribe from CNet Spam Newsletters!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I have sent your post on to Admin.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / November 14, 2014 8:57 AM PST

Somebody will get back to you.
Dafydd.

Collapse -
Hi Orange Fox...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / November 14, 2014 9:44 AM PST

Thank you for reporting this. I sincerely apologize for the problem you encounter with our site.

I went ahead and manually unsubscribed your from the CNET Insider newsletter so that you will not be bothered with those any more.

I will forward the problem you encounter to our registration team to see if there is something broken and to see if we can reproduce your experience.

Again I do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles you encountered. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of it.

Best regards,
-Lee Koo
CNET Community

Collapse -
Title
by Orange Fox / November 14, 2014 12:18 PM PST
In reply to: Hi Orange Fox...

Thank you. This is really frustrating.

Collapse -
Hi there Orange Fox..
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / December 2, 2014 2:11 AM PST
In reply to: Title

Good news! We fixed the issue that you encountered when you were trying to log in with your Google account when attempting to access your private profile pages.

Can you please give this a try and see if it is working for you now?

Before you try, please first Log out of CNET completely.

Go to back to CNET.com and log back in. And access your CNET profile here: http://www.cnet.com/profiles/orange+fox/ click on the private tabs like My Subscription or My settings. When it prompts you to log in, give the Google log in a try.

Let me know if that works for you now.

Hopefully it will be successful.

Again we do apologize for the inconvenience and frustrating experience.

-Lee

Collapse -
I can't unsubscribe either
by fergdoug2 / January 29, 2015 3:15 AM PST
In reply to: Hi there Orange Fox..

Trying to adjust subscriptions or settings just puts me in a log-in please death spiral. You guys inhale air rapidly.

Collapse -
Hi there....
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 29, 2015 6:39 AM PST

Thanks for reporting the problem. We do try not to "inhale air rapidly" Happy

Can you tell me what browser and device you are using?

So when you go here
http://www.cnet.com/profiles/fergdoug2/my-subscriptions/

and log in agin, it just throws you into a loop? No errors or anything? It just presents the login window over and over again?

Just trying to understand what you are experiencing. I just tried it on both Firefox and Chrome on a Windows 7 machine and I didn't have problem logging in and access my newsletter subscription management tab in my profile.

Thanks for your help with the information you can provide.

-Lee

Collapse -
Lee Coo please put unsubscribe on bottom of emails
by Kristin Mickle / April 26, 2015 12:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Hi there....

It is apparent now in April that this was never 'gotten to the bottom of'. SHAME on CNET who was trusted until this point. My mistake to review AdwCleaner.

Kris

Collapse -
Hi there Kris...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / April 27, 2015 9:00 AM PDT

I'm not too sure what you mean by "It is apparent now in April that this was never 'gotten to the bottom of'."?

I asked member "fergdoug2" some questions so that I could investigate their issues, but I haven't heard back from them yet. Are you by chance "fergdoug2" , but logged in as a different account?

How can I help you?

Are you having difficulties unsubscribing from a CNET newsletter? Or unsubscribing something from Download.com?

Please let me know so I can help you with any problems you maybe having.

Best regards,
-Lee

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?