Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

I can't save my digital photos to a CDRW or DVDRW

by noisykids / March 5, 2005 11:41 AM PST

I am trying to save my digital photos to a disk. I have tried to use both a CDRW & DVDRW and I get the message back - Save Failed Can't write output file. I can save other documents to CDRW but not digital photos. I am running Windows ME @ Nero Express 6. I have also tried to burn by going into Nero first and selecting "Disk Image of Saved Project" and get the error message - Unexpected File Format. What is wrong? I didn't realise that this would be so hard. Please help me.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I can't save my digital photos to a CDRW or DVDRW
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I can't save my digital photos to a CDRW or DVDRW
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Burning photo cd
by Stan Chambers / March 5, 2005 12:20 PM PST

In Nero 6 you'll need to select the iso cd. This will burn the photo files as data.
Best of Luck

Collapse -
copying digital photos to CDRW
by noisykids / March 5, 2005 5:29 PM PST
In reply to: Burning photo cd

Thanks for your help Stan. When you say select the iso cd, is that the same as videos/pictures? I have selected videos pictures and nero tells me burn process completed sucessfully. My next problem is that when I try and view what is on the cd I can't see that there is anything there. When I click on my computer and select the F drive (which is the drive that the disk is in), it is just blank. I have also tried looking on the media player to see if anything comes up. Can you help with this one? Thanks in advance.

Collapse -
create a simple data CD-R
by glb613 / March 5, 2005 7:17 PM PST

You don't need to make anything special. Open you CD burning program, select make a CD, select the photos or folders and burn it.

Collapse -
Thanks for your help guys
by noisykids / March 6, 2005 3:59 AM PST

Thanks for all your help guys. I've got it working now.

Collapse -
Saving photos to CDRW
by RGmail / March 6, 2005 6:51 AM PST

Are you trying to save them directly from your camera or PC?

Collapse -
Saving Photos to CDRW
by noisykids / March 6, 2005 7:20 PM PST
In reply to: Saving photos to CDRW

From my PC

Collapse -
Please back up to CD-R also
by miltonhcopeland / March 7, 2005 2:34 PM PST
In reply to: Saving Photos to CDRW

Two and a half years ago I eagerly burned several thousand digital camera images to top brand CD-RW disks.
Today about five of every one hundred are deteriorated and can not be opened!

Make sure to also make copies on CD-R's, they are dirt cheap and much more reliable.
Good luck
Milton

Collapse -
Saving jpg to CD (NeroExpress)
by roger3125 / March 13, 2005 6:07 AM PST

I had the same problem. Solution: NeroExpress -> PhotoShow -> Show You will see where to click for the software to do your bidding. You are suppose to be abe to do it as discribed above also but I too couldn't get it to do it. If you did I'd love to hear how.

Collapse -
Saving jpg to CD (Nero Express)
by noisykids / March 17, 2005 7:18 PM PST

Hi Roger3125. I will tell you exactly step for step how I finally managed to save my photos to CD. I use Nero Express 6.
1. Open Nero
2. What would you like to burn? Click Data, then there is a choice of data disk or bootable disk. Click data disk.
3. Click add.
4. Choose the location of your files. You can add each file individually or right click the mouse and select ALL.
5. Click add.
6. A new screen pops up with 'disk content'.
7. Click finished on the 'select files & folders'
8. If there are any files on the disk content that you don't want go through and delete them. (because I selected all files to be copied and needed to delete a few)
9. Click next.
10. Click burn.

Hope this has helped you.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.