General discussion

I can't post a reply to the Pledge/Lord's Prayer thread.

Perhaps the thread is in lock so our Mods can scrutinize for the slanders and libels that ... occasionally show up in such threads. At any rate, I hope this is an acceptable reply to James' post about the Prayer in schools.

In re the Lord?s prayer (Prot) or Our Father prayer (RC) or
Model prayer (intent, per Mt 6:7,90:

You can get harassed in the ?Christian? USA if you belong to a religion that asks and answers ?What name?? (Ps 83:18; Isa 12:2; 26:4)

Or if you belong to a religion that asks and answers ?Will Jehovah?s government really be established on earth as well?? (Gen 2:15-17; Isa 55:10-13; Mt 5:5)

Or if you belong to a religion that refuses to pledge allegiance to any government but that of the One mentioned in the prayer?
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=310&invol=586

BTW the doxology at the end was borrowed by the KJ V people from 1 Chr 29:11; not in the ?oldest and fairest? Mss.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: I can't post a reply to the Pledge/Lord's Prayer thread.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I can't post a reply to the Pledge/Lord's Prayer thread.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I think it's there

I thought one of mine went missing but it appears to have more to do with forum structure. You'll see, if you scroll all the way to the bottom, there's a 2nd page. You have a post or two down there.

- Collapse -
You're absolutely right- Got it.

TUVM to both of you.

- Collapse -
But don't these multiple posts make you look like

a spammer? Sic 'em, Mark! Devil

- Collapse -
(NT) Please don't tell the Elders!!
- Collapse -
Yes you can/did

CNET Forums

Forum Info