Question

I can't play the MKV movie by iTunes.

I can't play the MKV movie by iTunes.Why?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: I can't play the MKV movie by iTunes.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I can't play the MKV movie by iTunes.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: mkv

The answer is simple: because iTunes doesn't do it. That's a choice Apple made.

So your two options:
- convert these movies to a format iTunes understands. There surely are shareware programs that can do so.
- use another player than iTunes. VLC player is free and runs on many devices.

Kees

- Collapse -
Answer
Play MKV video

iTunes supports only mp4 and mov video, no mkv video, you have to convert your mkv video to the right format first, and here is a guide about how to convert video.
http://www.reviewstown.com/how-to-convert-avi-mp4-wmv-mkv-flv-mpg-youtube-video.html

Or you can other video player like VLC player, Media Player Classic, etc. They are both free and safe, works well with MKV video. Hope it helps. Feel free to email me if you need further help.

CNET Forums