General discussion

I can't open a website

I've tried to pull up betterbidding.com on my desktop via Mozilla, Internet Explorer and through Google. I can't pull it up on my laptop either.

I had been using the site for a Priceline search on October 2, using their bidding strategy and clicking on their Priceline link when the site just became unavailable. At first I thought it was a temporary thing. I've been trying on and off since then without being able to open it.

Can you help me?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: I can't open a website
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: I can't open a website
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: can't open website

That's nice that you have a laptop. Find another place with an Internet-connection (friend, family, work, hotspot) and try there.
If that works, and not at home, it's your router, modem or ISP. If it doesn't work there either, it's your laptop (and your desktop at the same time). Both seem unlikely. That's why we do the experiment.

Three other experiments you can do at home (at both machines) and elsewhere (on your laptop):
a. Go into the command window and type ping 208.76.85.9 + enter. What do you get?
b. Go into the command window and type ping www.betterbidding.com + enter. What do you get?
c. Type 208.76.85.9 in the address bar. What do you see?

Tell the results.

Kees

- Collapse -
thank you for responding

All pinging (on both computers) "request timed out."

Same response with the IP address as with the website name itself, nothing in Mozilla and the "check your spelling" blah blah message with Internet Explorer.

I could bring my laptop to work with me tomorrow to check there.

CNET Forums

Forum Info