General discussion

i can't login

Every day I visit a page in Internet and I give a code access (login) that they have given to me when I made my profile. However for certain days I cannot have access. Gave in a friend my code and from his own computer that had access. I decided to make a new profile in the page in order to I take other code. But nevertheless and while I gave new email doesn?t come new code. I informed Webmaster site and he said that from their side does not exist problem. How is it possible can anyone enter in concrete site with my code from his computer, apart from me? It is something as has been interrupted the communication of my computer with the particular page.
Is my problem or them?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: i can't login
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: i can't login
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Whose problem?

If your code works at other computers (try friends, work, family, school, library) and not on your computer, it's YOUR problem.
If it works nowhere, it's THEIR problem.

Kees

- Collapse -
Nicoletta, Biggest Login Problem...Try Typing...

....in "lower case" letters. If the "Caps Lock" key is on, then the log in may not work.

You might also try cleaning out your "Cookies" folder and the "Temporary Internet Files" folder. Those files can sometimes "remember" the wrong thing.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
logging problems

Thanks a lot Grif, but after I cleaned all cookies and temporary Internet files the problem was not solved. Does something else that I can make?

- Collapse -
Other possible problem sources ...

A lot depends on the way the logon-page is coded.

It can use java, which doesn't work if java isn't correctly installed anymore.

Or it can use save http (the url starts with https:// then), which can be wrongly set in Tools>Internet Options, or just corrupted (do IE repair then), or using outdated top-level verifications (go to Windows update).

It could help if you tell how to reach the login page (so that we can have a look) and what the exact error message is.

Hope this helps.

Kees

- Collapse -
Nicoletta, In Addition To Kees' Good Suggestions...

..(make sure you have Java installed), some log in problems have been solved by downloading and installing the most recent Script Engine update. You haven't told us which operating system you have installed, so please choose from the correct link below:

Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, and Windows NT 4.0

Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP

Both of the links above indicate that a "validation" is required to make the download. IT IS NOT REQUIRED although if you wish to validate, feel free to do so. If you don't want to validate, at the second page, simply select the "No, I don't want to" option and you'll be directed to the download link. Download the file to your desktop, shut down all background program, then double click on the file to install the update. Restart the computer after installing.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
it's ok now

Kees and Grif
Thanks, thanks, thanks?.
I done everything you told me, and now I can login. I hope the problem has been solved.
Thanks again.

CNET Forums

Forum Info