Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

I can't get deviantart to load

by Greylan / June 26, 2005 6:32 PM PDT

Windows XP - 3000sempron- 512mbram

This is something that happened just recently. I was able to get the Deviantart site to come up last on Saturday but when i tried to get on Sunday all i get is a no page error. I havent added any new software for over a week. I've even run Spybot, Adaware and Norton antivirus and it hasnt helped. I even tried adding the website to the trusted zones of IE, Firefox, even my firewalls, deleted all my tempfiles, cookies, etc, and still no go.

At first i thought the site was just down for repair but others kept saying there was no problem and when i logged into my other computer it loaded up. Is there anything else i can do?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I can't get deviantart to load
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I can't get deviantart to load
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: can't load deviantart
by Kees Bakker / June 26, 2005 7:46 PM PDT

Try what ping does on both machines and compare. In a command window type ping www.deviantart.com (followed by enter).
Also try ping 69.28.181.43 and typing that same ip-address in your browsers address bar.

Post back your results.

Kees

Collapse -
results of ping
by Greylan / June 26, 2005 8:26 PM PDT

on the computer i'm having problems with i get;

Pinging 69.28.181.43 with 32 bytes of data

Request time out (x3)

Pinging www.deviantart.com [69.28.181.43] with 32 bytes of data

Request time out (x3)

And with the other computer i get;

pinging 69.28.181.43 with 32 bytes of data
bytes =32 time=185 TTL=57
bytes =32 time=180 TTL=57
bytes =32 time=179 TTL=57

Pinging www.deviantart.com [69.28.181.43] with 32 bytes of data
bytes =32 time=196 TTL=57
bytes =32 time=198 TTL=57
bytes =32 time=199 TTL=57

Collapse -
Do these computers use ...
by Kees Bakker / June 26, 2005 9:58 PM PDT
In reply to: results of ping

the same connection (wired, wireless; cable, ADSL, dialup?); the same firewall settings, the same router, the same ISP; the same settings for pop-up and adblockers?
A request time out simply means you don't get an answer in a reasonable time. Any difference in the subjects I mentioned deserves attention.

Apparently, something between browser and ping on the one side and deviant.com on the other side is blocking the communication.

Kees

Collapse -
by Greylan / June 26, 2005 11:33 PM PDT

The computer with the problem is a emachine 3000sempron 512mb ram on Cable and not using a router.

The other is a HP 400mhz 256mb ram on dial up again no router.

Both use Zonealarm *freeware version* for a firewall so they should share the same protection, the cable computer uses Norton antivirus, the dial up computer uses Antivir antivirus.

Collapse -
Contact your cable-ISP then.
by Kees Bakker / June 27, 2005 4:39 AM PDT
In reply to: reply

It seems their problem to me at the moment.

To prove it, connect your other PC to the cable (might go with USB, might need a NIC, might need software installed) or connect this PC via dialup to your dialup-ISP (might need a 56K6 modem). But there's a good chance the helpdesk will believe you without doing all of that.

Kees

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!