Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

I can't get Africam streaming video anymore

by grapefox / February 27, 2007 5:50 AM PST

I often visit a site called Africam where they have a live webcam on the animals. The webcam seems to be coming from a site called wavelit. The URL is http://www.wavelit.com/popup/playerAfricam.asp#

Suddenly the video won't come up and neither will the ads on the side. It's just a big blue square.

I have played around with cookies and trusted sites and restricted sites. I have turned the popup blocker on and off. All this to no avail.

Any ideas?

-Rain

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I can't get Africam streaming video anymore
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I can't get Africam streaming video anymore
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Africam
by tallin / February 27, 2007 11:41 AM PST
Collapse -
Thanks, tallin...
by grapefox / February 28, 2007 12:19 AM PST
In reply to: Africam

.... I'll give the drivers a try. -Rain

Collapse -
re: Africam and Touchstone Driver Scan
by grapefox / March 2, 2007 6:06 AM PST
In reply to: Africam

tallin:

I did the driver scan at the Touchstone site (to which I was directed by PCPitstop). The results say that a whopping 38% of my drivers need updating! My computer is only three years old. I find this excessive but then I'm no expert. I am wary of downloading all those drivers. What do you (or anyone who knows) advise?

Incidentally, I found it strange that video drivers weren't even listed.

Thanks. -Rain

Collapse -
okay -
by tallin / March 2, 2007 8:51 AM PST

The same thing happened to me. Likewise this computer is only just three years old. Stuff is outdated quickly in this modern world.

You need to identify your drivers, then go to their home website and update them for FREE. Do not use the 'Touchstone site' as it costs.

Go to this site and download http://www.belarc.com/
This will help you know your system better. OR click start/settings
control panel/system/harware/device manager.

Hopefully another more knowledged member will pick up this post to guide you if you need further help.

Just out of interest, did you follow the PCPitstop report/advice regarding perhaps other things that needed correction. You can post your result here as there is no personal information on it. Alternatively post it to PCPitstop if you are needing help and they will get back to you.

Good luck.

Collapse -
tallin...
by grapefox / March 2, 2007 12:23 PM PST
In reply to: okay -

... thank you for all this helpful advice. I do plan on following up on this; however, I won't be home for the next week, so it will have to wait.

The only correction PCPitstop advised was to reduce the size of my cache.

TTYL Happy -Rain

Collapse -
Okay
by tallin / March 2, 2007 12:37 PM PST
In reply to: tallin...

Well I would do what PCPitstop recommends, and here is another site that will familiarize you with what your computer is made up of. I find it most useful.

http://www.lavalys.com/

Collapse -
Free URL
by tallin / March 2, 2007 12:51 PM PST
In reply to: Okay
Collapse -
as of now
by jonah jones / February 27, 2007 7:42 PM PST

Current time in Nkorho Pan : Wednesday 28th Feb 2007 | 01:40:33 pm
Click for Hoedspruit, South Africa Forecast

it's working Ok (and i didn't update any drivers)

jonah

Collapse -
Jonah...
by grapefox / February 28, 2007 12:21 AM PST
In reply to: as of now

...I have two computers. I get the video from Africam just fine on one of them and a big blue square on the other. -Rain

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.