TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

I am going to purchase a Smart Tv

by Kartikeya_Amra / July 8, 2012 10:42 PM PDT

Checking out some of the options, I shortisted one LG Model too, but while checking out its features I saw some magic motion remote control. What is it actually? I researched about it and read its somewhat similiar to mouse but i am afraid i am not computer freak. Does that matter?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I am going to purchase a Smart Tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I am going to purchase a Smart Tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Magic Motion Remote
by tarunmajumdar / July 8, 2012 11:18 PM PDT

Dear friend..... Let me brief you about Magic motion remote control and its working. You don't need to be a Computer Freak for using this remote. It works like a mouse in a way that person has to point, click and control to carry different opeartion and its exteremly easy. In addition the standard remote is always there for the standard remote capabilities.

Collapse -
Answer
honest answer
by JimmyFukyushu / July 10, 2012 10:56 AM PDT

In 2012, LG has the best 3D/Smart TVs period.

Panasonic has the best 2D performer with their ST/GT/VT 50's.

Collapse -
Answer
Simple.
by americano82 / July 11, 2012 10:58 AM PDT

Just think of it as a wiimote, in a sense. It's very simple to use! I actually think this is one of the best implementations for TV interaction. While I have not used the Smart TV features on my LG LM9600 very much, I can tell you that from the small bit of tinkering that I've done with it, it is very smooth (most likely due to the dual-core processor inside) and the magic remoted worked without a hitch.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.