Computer Help forum

General discussion

I Am Big Brother help....

I installed iambigbrother on my son's computer. He has a P3 IBM Thinkpad that is running windows XP Pro. The company claims that the program will not slow down the computer, but that was not the case.

The problem is complicated to describe, so bear with me...

When I type, every 3 seconds it seems like the computer is freezing up or pausing. I type, but the letters that I am typing do not appear on the screen. They will catch up every second or two, but every three seconds, it does the same thing.

I am sure this is happening because the computer is recording the key strokes and may need time to "catch up."

Is there anything I can do to remedy this? I have tried contacting iambigbrother for help or a refund, but they will not answer.

I need the key logger on the computer because he attends "virtual school" and I want to make sure I can monitor his internet use very closely as far as who he is communicating with. He is only in the 6th grade and I need to keep him as safe as possible while he is online.

Any alternate suggestions for key loggers would be appreciated, as well as advise on how to fix iambigbrother.

Thank you!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: I Am Big Brother help....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: I Am Big Brother help....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Eye, Unfortunately, Most Antispyware Tools...

In reply to: I Am Big Brother help....

..label it as a malware/spyware program and will attempt to remove it. (Click HERE for "iambigbrother" Information) As a result, depending on the antivirus and spyware tools you're using, they could be causing a conflict.

That said, ANY major software needs to have good support..I can find no support at their site EXCEPT for an e-mail link to contact them...If they aren't contacting you after you've e-mailed them, I'm not sure I'd keep the program on the computer.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
re: unfortunately

In reply to: Eye, Unfortunately, Most Antispyware Tools...

Thank you. I am going to just go ahead and delete the program. You said pretty much what I was feeling in regards to the customer service.

It's a shame because the program is so easy to use.

OK, it's gone! Now I hope I can get my money back (probably never happen).

Collapse -
re: unfortunately

In reply to: re: unfortunately

I could have wrote that post myself word for word. I am having the exact same problems. And no response to email requests for help. I hate that I spent money on something that is worthless. I didn't understand the post above, is he saying that i am big brother is spyware/malware?

Collapse -
Personal Attack Posts Are Not Allowed

As such, the recent subthread was removed.. Thank you for observing the forum policies in the future.

And yes, that particular program is regarded as malware/spyware by many antispyware programs.. It might be worth uninstalling, or not. It's your decision.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
I am big brother a HUGE ripoff

In reply to: Personal Attack Posts Are Not Allowed

I could not get my mcafee to allow I am big brother. My first email was answered, I was told to call Mcafee. All other e,ails were ignored. A request for a refund was ignored. What a waste. I don't understand why this is on any reputable site's top software list. What a shame.

Collapse -
re:unfortunately

With lot of thanks for observing the forum rules, now i m just just going to deleting that program .

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.