Samsung forum

Question

Hw-450 soundbar shutting off when in use

by lasergirl24 / February 2, 2014 9:39 AM PST

When I use a digital optical cable to connect my tv to the soundbar, the soundbar shuts completely off after twenty minutes. I know it is designed to do this if it doesn't detect any activity, but this is happening while I am watching tv, using the soundbar and digital optical cable. I have tried two different cables. I have also tried turning auto power both off and on. This does not happen if I use an aux. cable, just optical, but that is the cable I want to use for my tv connection. Any ideas are very welcome!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hw-450 soundbar shutting off when in use
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hw-450 soundbar shutting off when in use
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Hw-450 soundbar shutting off when in use
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 3, 2014 3:02 AM PST

Hi lasergirl24,

I am sorry to hear this. What is the current firmware version you have installed on this soundbar?

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
firmware
by lasergirl24 / February 3, 2014 7:26 AM PST

I feel like a dufus, but I don't know and googling how to check it was not helpful. How do I tell what firmware version I have? Sorry to waste your time, I just can't seem to find the answer. Thanks!

Collapse -
firmware version found
by lasergirl24 / February 3, 2014 11:38 PM PST

These are the codes that appear on my soundbar: M1002.1. D1005.1. H0046. Wvm 054. R056. Hope this helps. Thanks

Collapse -
Re: firmware version found
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 4, 2014 1:53 AM PST
In reply to: firmware version found

Hi lasergirl24,

Sorry I should have provided the steps as it is not strait forward on this model. Let me know the results.

1. Turn the power off.
2. Press and hold the "DRC" button on the remote control.
3. After blinking "Standby red LED", the version will be displayed on the device.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
codes.
by lasergirl24 / February 4, 2014 9:44 PM PST

Please see my reply above for the codes my unit displays. Holding the drc button does not result in any wording of "standby", etc. It says hello, followed by the codes I listed above. Thank you!

Collapse -
Re: codes.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 5, 2014 1:31 AM PST
In reply to: codes.

Hi lasergirl24,

Thanks for the information, but I was unable to find the firmware version listed. The power save function is only suppose effect inputs when no signal is detected. The next step will be to try an alternate optical cable. If this issue continues then service will be required.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
firmware final question
by lasergirl24 / February 5, 2014 3:50 AM PST
In reply to: Re: codes.

I have already tried two other cables, including the one that is/was attached to this same sound bar at work. Same problem. So, before I get it serviced, would it do any harm to download and install the latest drivers even though we can't find the correct codes? I tried following your directions several times but I get the same answers as I listed above. Thanks for your help.

Collapse -
Re: firmware final question
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 6, 2014 11:20 PM PST

Hi lasergirl24,

There is nothing wrong with that. I will provide the link to the support page. Just select the downloads tab, then download the Firmware (1st choice on top 0.04MB in size) and the upgrade guide. The guide will walk you through the firmware update process.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/HW-C450/XAA#

Regards,
HD Tech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!