Question

Huawei mobile wifi E5577 - can't access, password difficulty

I had problems with my 4g reception (it turned out the transmitter I was using was switched off). Not realising why I had a problem I tried several times to get round the loss of signal. Eventually I did a 'hard reset' on the E5577.
When I then logged in again, I was asked the login details. Inside the Huawei lid it says 'admin' 'admin' as the login and password. So I entered them. BUT I was then told that the password was not strong enough, I was prompted to make another. I did this. Since then I have been locked out.... neither password is accepted. Any ideas what I could do?

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Huawei mobile wifi E5577 - can't access, password difficulty
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Huawei mobile wifi E5577 - can't access, password difficulty
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I suggest.....

....that you contact the manufacturer for assistance.

- Collapse -
Answer
Back to

Maker or seller on this one. Strange that a reset bricked the device. Not a good show and another reason why this make is in trouble. You may want to call this a product defect and your reason to get a full refund to buy something else.

- Collapse -
Huawei

I thought this company was blocked now in the USA?

- Collapse -
The network gear.

Not so much the phones. But you do see this issue with that make and support seems to be non-existent and getting worse.

If they were in England the goods and services act would be used to force the seller to make good.

CNET Forums

Forum Info