doing a sound system piece by piece - but realize HTIB will be the solution wanted for qiute a few even if temporary. The Onkyo HTIBs have gotten the definite nod here.
New to this site but I can see early on that htib's are not a favorite item for most responders. However, I am pretty much settled on a htib and am looking for some recommendations in the $300-$500 range. I have a 15x20 room, a Sony 55" HDTV, a Samsung DVD player (w/o HDMI output), Comcast HD DVR. We watch HDTV 85% of the time and the other 15% is watching DVD movies. As you can see we are not into a lot of the extras that many people talk about and discuss...rather basically TV/movie watchers. Some of the sets I have been looking at are the JVC-THD 50 htib, the Sony HT-DDW995 and a couple of the Onkyo models in this price range. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.