TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

HTIB - Panasonic SC-HT940

Hey everyone...
I just purchased a 50 inch panasonic plasma tv (TH-50PX60U) that I am very happy with. I decided to also purchase a cheap HTIB that delivered good sound. I ended up buying something else in the panasonic line, the Panasonic SC-HT940. Some people who have made reviews about it say you should def. upgrade the speaker cable for a fuller sound. My problem is I don't really know a whole lot on the subject and was wondering which speaker wire to purchase for this product? Is monster cable the best brand for this?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Customer-reviews-for-Monster-Cable-Monster-XP-Compact-Speaker-Cable-XPMS30/sem/rpsm/oid/11195/rpem/ccd/productDetailReview.do#tabs

Will this speaker wire be good for the system I have? Or is there some specific wire I will have to purchase for just this system?

Thanks a lot, your help is gratefully appreciated!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HTIB - Panasonic SC-HT940
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HTIB - Panasonic SC-HT940
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
One more thing...

In reply to: HTIB - Panasonic SC-HT940

Which speakers should be rewired? All of them?

Collapse -
well, before you go crazy with the wires..

In reply to: HTIB - Panasonic SC-HT940

ask yourself what do you want in true surround sound? (cable, direct tv box, video games, etc) if you want true surround sound in something more then just watching dvd's, then i would recommend buying a different system. the main reasoning behind that is because there are NO digital inputs(digital coax or optical) on your panasonic which means the most you can do is use the red and white RCA cables to get SIMULATED surround sound. if the only thing you want surround sound in is dvd's, then you have yourself a good sounding htib for the price.

as far as speakerwire, i'm sure whoever bashed me about the numbers and resolution in my other post will come on throwing out physics formulas at me saying the thicker the wire the better it is. well, that is generally true...but for the sc-ht940, you most likely wont hear a difference if you buy thicker speakerwire for your system. put that $22 and get an HDMI cable instead so you can get the upconverting feature on your dvd player to your tv. (upconvert = converts your dvd's to HD to TRY to give you the best picture possible).

Collapse -
thx

In reply to: well, before you go crazy with the wires..

I am not really sure what HTIB to purchase. My new panasonic tv has 2 HTMI inputs and I am currently using one for my digital cable box to receive HDTV programming on my cable. The HTIB is not only going ot before DVDS, but for sports as tv well (mainly sports and the majority probally for tv instead of dvds) There are so many choices of HTIBs out there and it is intimidating for someone like myself who doesnt know a lot of information on the subject. I have about $700 to spend. What HTIB would you recomend?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.