Question

HT-F5550 surround sound, issues with occasional sound loss

Hi guys

I have the HT-F5550 surround sound, and every 10 minutes or so the audio cuts out for about 2 seconds (pretty annoying) it never used to do this, happens whether i am connect to the tv (hdmi) or the ps4 (optical) any help would be much appreciated. Maybe I need a software update.

Thank you

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: HT-F5550 surround sound, issues with occasional sound loss
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HT-F5550 surround sound, issues with occasional sound loss
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Ideas.

1. Get out the canned air and give all the ports and cables a shot on contacts.
2. See if the firmware is current in the HT.
3. Try stereo or PCM for the audio source.
4. If that fails, make it a warranty issue. Return it if the maker can't resolve.

- Collapse -
Follow up

I'm not too technical, what exactly do you mean by "Get out the canned air and give all the ports and cables a shot on contacts"

Ive updated the software and i'm up to date

- Collapse -
Let's see a video?
- Collapse -
Thanks

Ah thats great, thanks for the tip, should i take out the hdmi connections and try this directly into the port?

- Collapse -
For the port and cable that may have issues, yes.

As to "directly" I never jam the straw directly into the port. I usually have it a centimeter back from the port.

- Collapse -
thanks

Thanks for your advice, if its still no change any ideas?

The only setting I can use is PCM, i can't change the audio setting all the others are greyed out

Also forgot to mention i am connecting my surround sound to my Samsung tv and using it as an anynet+ device

- Collapse -
Remember, ARC, Anynet and such

Is hit and miss. I continue to use old school optical when it must work.

All this and Samsung has not fixed it so make it a return reason. Get stuff that works.

CNET Forums