HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

HT-C655W audio coming from front speakers only.

by BlackOrkDown / July 5, 2010 12:27 AM PDT

I just purchased this Home Theatre system and hooked it up to my Samsung series 9 LED TV. The TV and the HT (Home Theatre) are connected via a HDMI cable.

The Problem:
When I put a CD or ipod in the HT it will only use the front L-R speakers. No sound is coming from the Centre, Rear L-R, or the Sub-woofer. (When playing DVD's however everything works fine)

On the samsung site FAQ:
http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us.jsp?SITE_ID=41&PG_ID=0&AT_ID=234488&PROD_SUB_ID=0&PROD_ID=43&EMAIL_ID=41)

It gives the following advice:
"By default when the home theatre receives a stereo signal into digital in or when playing back an audio CD, it will reproduce only 2 channel through the front right and left speakers. To have the home theatre feed stereo signal to all speakers, press MODE button on the HT remote, until the LCD display on the HT shows mode as being MATRIX. This will enable all speakers both for 5.1 and stereo."

The Problem is that there is no "MODE" button on the remote, the closest thing is the function button, but when you press that there is never "MATRIX" as an option.

The FAQ in the manual says to press the "Dolby Pro Logic II" button to fix the problem. When I do this nothing happens, sound stays the same, I don't get any on screen options.....nothing.

Very disappointed by Samsung this time....please help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HT-C655W audio coming from front speakers only.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HT-C655W audio coming from front speakers only.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HT-C655W audio coming from front speakers only.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 5, 2010 8:06 AM PDT

BlackOrkDown,

I'm looking into this. However, the U.S. FAQ sites are for U.S. products. I'm looking to see how we can get 5.1 to play out of all of the speakers.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks
by BlackOrkDown / July 5, 2010 10:35 AM PDT

Thank you!
I will be eagerly awaiting your response.

Collapse -
Pro-Logic Button and sound not working
by amandalh84 / July 19, 2010 1:02 PM PDT

I have had the same problem and i ended up breaking my optical in my set top by accident. I was so excited to get this and still am just wish someone could find a way of fixing it. Please let me know if you find anything i am desperate.

Collapse -
I had the same problem...re 6 speaker - prologic II
by RebHarrison / July 19, 2010 10:50 PM PDT

I fixed mine (eventually) by turning ASC mode off in the settings. Then Prologic II work like just fine.

Good luck!

Collapse -
GOD
by BlackOrkDown / July 19, 2010 11:58 PM PDT

YOU.....ARE......A......GOD!!!!!!!

You did what an American samsung rep (The one 3 posts up), and online samsung rep via their official samsung site, and a call center rep could NOT do!!!

The wanted me to pack up my home theatre and take it to a repair shop that is an hours drive away!!!

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

Collapse -
Asc mode
by amandalh84 / July 20, 2010 12:22 AM PDT

Oh my god it worked! Ur a legend! Pity they don't think to put that in the manual! Who writes those things anyway!

Collapse -
I had the same problem...re 6 speaker - prologic II
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 20, 2010 3:22 AM PDT

RebHarrison,

I admit, I was stumped on this one. Our ASC mode was off.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to figure this out, guys. But for what it's worth, we're going to test this out and then update our information here, and at the website and call center to help others who might have the same problem.

Again, I'm a little red in the face (it should have been a no-brainer, right?), but this shows the positive power of participating in a forum. I'll make sure this information get shared, and stat!

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.