General discussion

HT C5500 netflix

I've read numerous complaints about the Samsung HT C5500 netflix problem. I am also having the same issue with either nothing happening at all, or "stop" is displayed on the player and requiring a system restart. I have read absolutely nothing about when Samsung is going to fix this problem. If I had the money, I would just go out and buy a different brand, but I'm stuck with it.

Samsung, when are you going to fix the problem????

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: HT C5500 netflix
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HT C5500 netflix
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Update

Did you get the new update ver.1018.0?
It was for netflix you can now browse movies.

- Collapse -
HT C5500 netflix

Are you sure this is for the HT C5500? Current update release is 1012.0 for the home cinema HT-C5500 however the blu ray player BD-C5500 has the 1018.0. If it was for the HT-C could you send the link for that update and confirm if Netflic works please? Thanks.

- Collapse -
HT C5500 netflix

mitche111,

You might make sure that the firmware is for your region.

The www.samsung.com/us/xxxxxx is for US products.
The www.samsung.com/ca/xxxxxx is for Canadian products.

You don't want to install the wrong firmware, and the numbers can vary by region.

If you continue to have a problem with your player, call 800-SAMSUNG and see if they can assist or have your unit set up for service.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
HT-C5500 Netflix

Hi HDTech
Thanks for the response.
Sure, the latest Canadian firmware is 1012.0 and my unit has updated itself via the internet to this version, so no worries as I'm in Ca. My concern was that Dufoos88 mentioned a 1018.0 version, hense the above questions.

I had contacted the Canadian Samsung helpdesk however they said that there should be another firmware upgrade to resolve the issue. Still waiting and still have the blank netflix screen of death...

Any further advice would be welcome, thanks again.

- Collapse -
OOPS... WAIT...

I made a mistake.

The BD-C5500 has 1018.

You have the HT-C5500, which lists 1012.0 as the latest firmware update.

So you do have the latest firmware update at this time.
http://tinyurl.com/29w3zmf

If Samsung Canada noted that there was a firmware update coming, then they would have more information on that than me.

My apologies, but I caught that as I was posting it.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
A quick note.

I delete the post you made the error in. I hope that's what you meant by 'editing out'.

Mark

- Collapse -
Yes

Yes, thank you.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info