General discussion

HT-C5500

I recently purchased a HT-C5500 and have udated the firmware to the latest version (1011.1) and then went to the @Internet and let it do it's updates.
The problem is that while Netflix is showing up on the main screen I am unable to select it, and if I go to the @internet screen and select Netflix there then the front panel display goes to STOP and the screen goes black and eventually the screen just goes back to the @internet.
I can rule out the network since I also have a Samsung 3D blueray player upstairs and it works flawlessly with Netflix.
Is Netflix (Canada) not yet compatable witht the HT-C5500 or is there a problem with my machine?

Cheers

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: HT-C5500
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HT-C5500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
HT-C5500

Veggieboy56,

Where was the machine purchased? If you'd rather not answer that, what's the full model number? HT-C5500/XAA or XAC?

Are you residing in Canada or the U.S.? (It seems obvious, but just have to check!)

--HDTech

- Collapse -
HT-C5500

I got the machine at the CANEX (Canadian Military Exchange) in British Columbia and it is the HT-C5500/XAC and yes I am residing in Canada.
The firmware update was the one available on the Samsung Canada site.

Cheers

- Collapse -
HT-C5500

Veggieboy56,

The Netflix App isn't available for Canadian users on the Samsung Blu-Ray players, and at this point, I don't have any further information. I do know that several people here have reported some expected release dates, but unfortunately, I can't confirm that until it's announced.

I'll ask and see if I can get further clarification.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
HT-C5500

I have a BD-C5900 and Netflix Canada does work on that.
The lastest firmware for the BD-C5900 said it added Netflix 2.1 as does the latest firmware for the HT-C5500 so I am a wee bit confused now????
The home theater did automatically download the Netflix app immediatly after the firmware update??
Cheers

- Collapse -
HT-C5500

Well I just got the latest firmware update (1013.1) and Netflix now works. The better half is happy which makes me happy.

Cheers

- Collapse -
I feel your pain...

I signed on for Netflix in the first week. I can access my account on my Mac and my iPhone but NOT on my new HT-C5500 from Samsung. I've called Netflix and they did all they could but the issue is clearly with Samsung being VERY slow out of the gate with the next firmware update.
Their customer service SUCKS too (IMHO). I've called them 3 times and can never get a straight, clear answer as to when this software update will happen. NOR will they take the time or effort to find out for me or transfre me to someone who CAN answer. Grrr.
They thought maybe the update would be sometime in October but they had no REAL information.
Let me know if you can find any answers. With Samsung, I hit nothing but brick walls. CRAP service Samsung Canada! Crap!

Brent

- Collapse -
Software update is stuck on (1011.1)

Veggieboy:

It won't update beyond that version. I've tried and it stays on v1011.1 and says it IS updated. Is there a way to manually do the update?

Thanks

Brent

CNET Forums

Forum Info