Samsung forum

General discussion

HT-BD3252...having an HDMI issue

by mplang / December 29, 2009 10:27 AM PST

I just got the HT-BD3252 system and today connected it to my samsung LN52A650A1F. Blu-Ray plays fine, but when connecting to my Sci-Fi box thru HDMI, and selecting HDMI1, the cable box goes in and out over HDMI. Signal, no signal, intermittent. Not just sound either. I can connect the cable box directly to the TV as I have done for the previous year with no issues. Blu-ray thru the system plays fine. But routing the cable box over HDMI thru the HT system causes the issues. No difference with Anynet on or off and Im frustrated. Any suggestions? Have tried different cables and each of the two HDMI inputs with no luck. Any direction would be greatly appreciated...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HT-BD3252...having an HDMI issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HT-BD3252...having an HDMI issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same problem.... Slightly different
by b.krohn / December 30, 2009 5:45 AM PST

I have the UN46B6000 LED TV. Just bought the HT-BD3252. Connected my cable box HDMI into the surround sound and then took HDMI out from surround to the TV. Intermittenly I am getting messages that there is no signal. This is coming from both HDMI 1 Setting (cable box) and then also when I select the BD/DVD. To fix the issue I have pulled the HDMI cable out of the TV and moved it to a different HDMI jack. Fixed it both times. Upgraded the firmware on the TV so hopefully that helps...

Collapse -
HT-BD3252...having an HDMI issue
by smanyloun / January 5, 2010 9:58 PM PST

I had the same exact problem with my Sci-Fi box, I contacted the cable company and they acknowledged that they had several similar complaints. They came out and switch out the Sci-fi box and now everything works fine. Hope that helps.

Collapse -
Could be HDCP crap
by loderunner98 / March 12, 2010 7:34 AM PST

Several times, my samsung bd3252 has refused to send a signal to my TV via HDMI. (It just sort of flickers but no picture. Mostly black.) When it happens, it won't send HDMI to my TV regardless of whether I attempt to play a DVD or use the HDMI passthrough to watch cable/satellite source.

Ultimately, I figured out that it was an HDCP issue. Something somewhere (I assume the Samsung) decided that my TV might not support HDCP (it does) and so it refuses to send video over HDMI. It will send video over component wiring.

I try now to be very careful in the order in which I power up and power down my system. I make sure the bd3252 is the last one powered up and the first one down.

When this horribly, frustrating, and annoying problem happens, I THINK the solution is to disconnect the HDMI (or all HDMIs) from the bd3252 while the samsung is still powered on. Then power it off. Wait for 30 seconds just because I'm superstitious, then power it back up (with no HDMI cables attached). Once it is fully up, plug in the HDMI cable(s).

Collapse -
Happens when navigating from non-HD to HD channel
by wacem33 / April 20, 2010 8:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Could be HDCP crap

I have the same issue with the 'No Signal'. I've replaced the cable box twice and contacted the cable company directly (they acknowledge there may be issues when running the cable through another device) and replaced/swapped cables and input/outputs. Nothing seems to resolve the issue. After some more investigating I think it occurs more often when I incorporate non-HD channels into the navigation. Specifically when I navigate from a non-HD channel back to an HD-channel, this transition appears to be the worst and often times I have to power down the Samsung unit and bring it back up to see the picture. Is this a resolution setting issue?

Collapse -
try an hdmi switch
by loderunner98 / April 22, 2010 11:00 AM PDT

I solved my frustrating HDCP problem by buying a 3-to-1 HDMI switch. The switch acts as the middleman for the stupid HDCP handshaking and keeps the HDCP validity alive. FWIW, I bought one from Mediabridge for 20-30 bucks. Now, I don't have to worry so much about powering things on or off in exactly the perfect sequence. Saves some of my sanity.

Only once, since then, has the samsung refused to send the hdmi signal; I unconnected samsung from the switch and plugged it back it in. All good.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?