General discussion

HT-BD1220 MKV streaming problems

Dear all,

I have my HT-BD1220 hooked up to my Samsung LED and all is well. Except for a few annoying issues, especially regarding MKV streaming via wireless adapter... (all following problems do not occur while playing from usb or disk)

1. Large MKV's do play perfectly, until they suddenly stop at approx 1hour and 15 minutes. The system just returns to the main menu. I have installed the latest firmware 2.13, but no result.

2. You cannot fast forward MKV files when streaming from pc.

Combination of above makes it impossible to watch mkv's that are longer than 1 hour. I have seen more people on the internet with this same problem.

Will this be solved in any upcoming firmware update?

Thanks!

P.S. I am in The Netherlands (maybe this makes a difference in firmgrade options?)

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: HT-BD1220 MKV streaming problems
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HT-BD1220 MKV streaming problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
HT-BD1220 MKV streaming problems

Crackfiend,

1. Not all file types are supported, and you might check to make sure that the video codec, audio codec and resolution are all supported. If they're not, the video can stop at any time.

If this happens while streaming, there may be a limitation in the router, such as a session timing out. Or it could be the TV, but I don't know why streaming would consistently cut out, but it would work on a USB or a disc.

2. FF/REW features are not supported for all file types. From the manual:
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/samsung_hd_tech/DLNANotSupport-1.jpg

I don't know when firmware updates become available, and I don't have advance knowledge on any addressed issues prior to the release.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
thanks

Hi HD,

Thanks for the feedback, although it is not really solving the problem. I think the support of the codecs of the file is not problem, as they do play well from usb stick.

I will check if it is maybe a session time out in the router. Regards, Rik

- Collapse -
Just a thought...

Try to split .mkv file into chunks smaller than 4 GBytes each (with mkvmerge for example), and then try to Play/FF/Rew.

- Collapse -
Re: Just a thought...

Thanks! This is indeed a workaround that works!

CNET Forums