HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

HT-BD1200 Noise (Fan? Drive Motor?)

by slinkeey / November 8, 2009 10:24 AM PST

Hello,

My Samsung was sent it for repair because it was extremely noisy. It would vibrate the entertainment center too. This would happen randomly even when there was no disk in the drive.

Well I got my player back after they repaired it again because of firmware. Bad News.. The noise is back.. Even when watching Netflix, listening to the FM tuner or etc.

The unit sounds like it is making frozen mixed drinks. What do you suggest? I am not excited about sending this in the a third time. I feel like Samsung has had this player more then I have.

What is this noise? Last time samsung put on the packing slip that they replaced the fan.. I don't think that it is the fan..

Thanks,
Jeff

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HT-BD1200 Noise (Fan? Drive Motor?)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HT-BD1200 Noise (Fan? Drive Motor?)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HT-BD1200 Noise (Fan? Drive Motor?)
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 9, 2009 5:53 AM PST

slinkeey,

I'm not aware of why it would vibrate. Unfortunately, I don't have any solution other than to contact service and either have it sent in, or ask to be escalated to our Case Management department, which could possibly authorize a new unit or other options.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Fan and Pandora
by slinkeey / November 10, 2009 2:23 AM PST

Hello,

Called 1-800-SAMSUNG and they had me reset the player. Hold down the stop button for 5 seconds while the unit is off. I guess we will see what happens. It didn't work the first time before they repaired the player.

I also asked how to clear out someone elses Pandora account.
When my unit came back from CVE inc, the Pandora portion was already set up for jellolovelace"at"gmail.com. Samsung told me that there is nothing that they can do about this.

Does anyone know if Sams Club will still sell me an extended warranty on this months after the purchase? I am starting to feel like I need one. I normally do not buy them.

Collapse -
Fan and Pandora
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 10, 2009 3:02 AM PST
In reply to: Fan and Pandora

slinkeey,

You can have Pandora assist you in clearing out the email account assigned to your player. Email: pandora-support@pandora.com and explain your situation.

--HDTech

Collapse -
CVE Inc the Problem?
by slinkeey / November 11, 2009 1:15 AM PST

Ok,

Well my Player is going back to CVE for the 3rd time..

Service No: 4005777815

I think that samsung may want to consider firing CVE.. When you have to send a player in 3 times, then I think the service center is not doing their job. I do not think the accountants at Samsung like seeing money go out the door over and over on the same unit.

I have a 30+ year old stereo equipment that I have had for 10 years. (hand me down) This stuff has never seen a service center. I realize things were simpler then.

I understand flaws happen when you manfufacture hundreds of thousands of units.

Collapse -
CVE Inc the Problem?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 13, 2009 9:58 AM PST
In reply to: CVE Inc the Problem?

slinkeey,

I'll send this up to the appropriate department. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues like this.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung HT-BD1200 Problems
by cibao72 / September 25, 2010 7:57 AM PDT
In reply to: CVE Inc the Problem?

I have to constant problems I have with my HT-BD1200. I have called several times with these issues to Samsung customer support, and they have not been able to troubleshoot them.

1.) As another posters have mentioned I have a problem with my fan making too much noise. It would go off (make excessive noise) everytime I started it. Recently I have been treating it with cans of compressed air to cool it down. I don't know if this is a coincidence but it has stopped occurring as often. Although the problem has not altogether been corrected. Samsung's solution: Reset the unit by unplugging and plugging it back in. This was a waste of time. They should learn how to troubleshoot beter.

2.)I have a problem with my remote rear speakers. I turn on the unit, and after about two minutes the connection is lost. I had Samsung troubleshoot this as well. They asked me to unplug and plug the unit back in. After several calls made to customer support to resolve this issue, I have resolved myself that Samsung will not be able to resolve this issue, and I now do not use my rear speakers anymore. I wasted my money on this unit because I cannot use it's full functionality. Other than that Samsung unit is great. I recommend it if you are not interested in a TRUE surroundsound experience.

I have never been asked to send back my unit (which i found odd after several conversations with Samsung). My warranty runs out next month, so it is probably too late anyway.

If anyone has any thoughts on these issues, I would be interested in hearing your take on them.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.