General discussion

href linking

Hi guys,
I have problems linking pages to my website,
<a href="soccer.html">soccer</a>

how come when i try to view my page on a browser after clicking the link, the page could not be displayed?

Can anyone advise me which steps that I have gone wrong? I saved the soccer.html file in Drive C of my harddisk.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: href linking
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: href linking
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Most Common Mistake...

The most common mistake that is usually done when you're referencing a HTML page relative vs absolute is that the file being referenced does not sit in the same directory as the file that's referencing it.

Make sure that (1) that the file is sitting in the same directory as the page referencing it or make sure that you're referencing the file in the right sub-directory (2) that the file is named the right way, most systems are case-sensitive (e.g. soccer.html is not the same as SOCCER.HTML or Soccer.html).

- Collapse -
depends

First of all sometimes when you need to do a link try this

<A HREF="http://www.Yourwebsite.com/soccer.html">Click Here For soccer</A>

Another thing that I noticed when I was updateing the website I work for is the browser you are using.

If you use Internet Explorer you will see the web page reload. If using Firefox it will not reload unless you delete the cache.

Also if you want to check and correct your html codes you can download the html kit by clicking on the link below

http://www.download.com/3000-2048-4687625.html?legacy=cnet

I hope this will work for you.

Rick

CNET Forums

Forum Info