General discussion

hpqSTE08.exe error message popping up during startup

Hello to all and sundry at the C-Net Fourms! I need immediate help on a problem I am facing these days at my WinXP ProSP3 32bit OS startup.

A message pops up with an error sound showing the following details:
hpqSTE08.exe
The instruction at "0x14a02807" referenced memory at "0x000000a1" could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program. Click Cancel to debug the program.

Almost simultaneously a Microsoft Send Error Report Dialog Box pops up talking of sending a report on HP Cue error.

I usually have to click OK to continue the startup. I have sent the error reports to MS several times. The message keeps popping up nevertheless. My reinstalling SP3 has not solved this problem. Using Speedbit's Memomory Optimiser has also not helped me.

Please send me you kind guidance in fixing my startup. I use Windows XP Professional 32bit OS with SP3. I have this OS on my desktop PC using Pentium P4 3Ghz 2MB L2 Cache 800Mhz FSB, Intel D945GCCR mainboard and 4GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM.

Thanks and regards.

CA. Shyamal Mitra
New Delhi, India.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: hpqSTE08.exe error message popping up during startup
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: hpqSTE08.exe error message popping up during startup
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Do you have an HP printer installed,

like the HP photosmart printer?

if so, perhaps the printer software has become corrupt. I would uninstall the printer software and reinstall it.

Mark

- Collapse -
hpqSTE08.exe Error message

Yes I have HP Deskjet F300 series printer scanner copier device plugged in to my PC via USB port. I shall, as advised by you very kindly, uninstal and reinstal this printer and report back my findings to you in this forum.

Thank you,

CA. Shyamal Mitra
New Delhi, India.

- Collapse -
I would detach the printer before re-installing

it might make a difference.

Good luck.

Mark

- Collapse -
hpqSTE08.exe error message popping up during startup

I realize that I am posting this reply a couple of years after the original problem was posted, but I encountered the same problem and others might as well. I was able to rid a laptop of the "hpqSTE08.exe" error pop-up by using the following procedure:
1. Download and save the latest installation and driver/utility program for your printer.
2. Uninstall your printer utility program.
3. Perform a search of C:\ for "hpqSTE08.exe". Make sure to check search all hidden folders and sub-folders.
4. Delete all results with "hpqSTE08" in it.
5. Restart the computer.
6. Install the printer driver/utility program that you downloaded and saved in step no. 1.

CNET Forums