Laptops forum

General discussion

HP Zv5360us laptop from CompUSA

by dp123 / November 27, 2004 7:46 AM PST

I recently bought HP Zv5360us laptop from CompUSA. It seems like only CompUSA has this laptop. I am looking for review for this laptop so I can decide to keep this laptop or not.

It looks like HP laptop, particularly zv5000 series, has not good reputation in market. Users have lots of complain with screen and performance etc.

Here is the configuration of the laptop:
Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Class: Pentium 4 Processor with HT Technology
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Bus Speed: 533 MHz
L2 Cache Size: 512 KB
Memory Speed: PC2700 (333MHz)
Memory Technology: DDR-SDRAM (DDRRAM)
Installed Memory: 256 MB
Maximum Memory: 1.25 GB
Hard Drive Capacity: 40 GB
CD-RW Write Speed: 24 X
Additional Drives: DVD/CD-RW Combo
Sound Support: Digital Audio (16-bit)
Video Chipset: ATI

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP Zv5360us laptop from CompUSA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP Zv5360us laptop from CompUSA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: HP Zv5360us laptop from CompUSA
by KenSanramon / November 29, 2004 12:33 PM PST

You are far better off ordering the notebook custom at hpshopping -- this would be the Zv5000 series there -- your Zv5360US indicates a prebuilt version of the Zv5000 family.

There is also a dedicated user forum for the HP zv5000 series and its sister Compaq R3000 series (both sold custom at hpshopping.com)

This forum will give you detailed information from users and best ordering specs and discounts -- see www.R3000forums.com

Comp USA only gives you a 14 day return policy and if it is not defective you will pay a restocking fee.

Hpshopping gives you a 30 day return policy and they pay the shipping to pick it up. You will get a $100 custom order rebate at minimum and there are other discounts -- see R3000forums.com.

Compare both the R3000 Compaq and HPzv5000 to see which prices out the best as they are the same core notebook.....

I would not buy any notebook with shared/integrated video memory myself -- get dedicated video RAM -------------

Collapse -
Pavilion zv5360us
by whatstheword / March 7, 2005 7:54 AM PST

Yeah I just saw this laptop on CompUSA's site and I can't find any info on it online. Even CNET doesn't have a listing on it. I agree with you that I wouldn't want to buy a notebook with integrated video but this laptop is going for $699. Does that make up for it? $699 is a really nice price, and I could just get an extra stick of ram maybe?

Collapse -
just bought the zv5360us from compusa
by billfig99 / January 15, 2005 10:15 AM PST

i just bght this hp. so far i love it. i got it for 1199.00 with a 2 year warranty. (they made it 999.00 and gave me a free upgrade to a 2 yr. warranty). i also paid 30.00 for extra 256mb they added. it aslo came with free 54 11.g wireless router, norton antivirus sw, and a epson printer(which i didnt need).for what i seen out there, i feel got a good deal and i would recc. this product.

Collapse -
HP Zv5360us laptop from CompUSA - substituted a ZX5295US
by visco137 / March 7, 2005 11:04 AM PST

CompUSA had the same deal again this week, so I went to the store for a HP zv5360us. The store was out of stock so they substituted the ZZ5295us at no additional charge - which by their sales info and the box label appears to be a better pc (more RAM, larger HD, better processor, etc.)However, I can't find anything about the ZX5295US on the web or at the HP site -- only the info from CompUSA.

Anyone have any experience with this "upgrade" model?

Collapse -
ZX5295US
by visco137 / March 8, 2005 12:42 AM PST
In reply to: Did you try HP.com?

Thanks, R. Proffitt! I searched the HP site but didn't find this info.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.