General discussion

HP zv5000t vs. Compaq r3000t

I need a relatively inexpensive (around $1000) laptop that will be used mainly for internet/email and Microsoft Office applications. I don't need anything fancy but I would like it to be fairly fast. I am looking at the HP z5000t and the Compaq r3000t. Is there any difference between these two machines. I've read that the only main difference is the speakers. Is this really the only factor that I should consider? I am also curious about how these two models stack up to the HPzv5000z and the Compaq r3000z. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: HP zv5000t vs. Compaq r3000t
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HP zv5000t vs. Compaq r3000t
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Which model?

The r3000 has been seen in many CPU speeds and options, but I now own one and it's a desktop replacement so make sure you want the larger unit.

bob

- Collapse -
Compaq R3000T/HP R3000T

I've noticed that too. Compaq seems to be cheaper by $130.00. Everything else basically looks the same. Even when I compared the 3000T of both companies.

CNET Forums

Forum Info