Question

HP z222ut docking station + ProBook 6450b: use 2 monitors?

Need to get two monitors hooked up to this docking station (or the laptop itself). It has two DVI-D outs, but I don't seem to get a signal. VGA out does work. Thoughts? Thanks in advance...

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: HP z222ut docking station + ProBook 6450b: use 2 monitors?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HP z222ut docking station + ProBook 6450b: use 2 monitors?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Sorry.

I can't find any docs that say this can do that. I see one Laptop LCD and one external. For more, we've had to use those USB Video cards.
Bob

- Collapse -
Video outs

The docking station...not the laptop itself...has the video outs. 2 DVI-D, 2 DisplayPort, and 1 VGA...

- Collapse -
So does it work?

Here we had such and those were only good for a single display. The maker explained all those ports were for those that had VGA or one of the other connections.

This is why I noted the usual fix and for more than that, back to the maker if you feel it should work otherwise.
Bob

- Collapse -
Yeah...

As I feared. Ordered one! Seems strange to have "outputs" that don't actually put anything OUT....

CNET Forums