Desktops forum

General discussion

HP Tech Support not being nice; Computer Recommendations?

by IT-95 / June 21, 2010 10:17 AM PDT

Well, I currently have a broken COMPAQ Presario from '04 that is broken, and HP is making very little progress in helping me, so if worse comes to worse, I was thinking of what computer I should get.
I am on a budget of about $650.
I would like a good built in GFX card, that would be able to play games like StarCraft II, Team Fortress 2, and Mirror's Edge well.
I'd also like it to be able to run Phot editing software well. (GIMP, PSE7, etc)
I'll post more detail, but I think thats about it.

Oh. I'm Canadian, so keep that in mind for Companies and Prices.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP Tech Support not being nice; Computer Recommendations?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP Tech Support not being nice; Computer Recommendations?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry what was not nice?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 21, 2010 10:00 PM PDT

There may be little support past a few years and certainly none for free today. Today all support outside of warranty is a pay for it deal. I'm finding folk calling this not being nice but employees cost money, phone lines and more.

Back to your search. There are far too many desktops out there for that price.
Bob

Collapse -
Compare and review some
by Willy / June 21, 2010 10:21 PM PDT

In the US, many a "white box" type system contains everything but the monitor are going for $399 on sale or not. Depnds on brands but generally again some others are sold at $499 as well same type of deal. These even at basic level are better than any '04 system. While some are Comanq and HP, eMachines offers some too. Dell, Gateway, eMachine, Compaq, HP, Acer, Sony and Toshiba all have some entry level system and/or deals online, check out the respective websites and compare. Other online vendors offer deals too, notably NewEgg, TigerDirect, Geeks and ZipZoomFly, check for Canadain sales.

As for support, check what best fits you after the typical warranty. In warranty, certainly some maybe better than others, but generally speaking support is getting harder to please the consumer. Don't expect too much any more, off-shore support and long wait times is typical. But heck, it keeps me in business as unhappy consumers call me from time to time with such complaints.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Thanks
by IT-95 / June 22, 2010 8:00 AM PDT

@ R. Proff.: I didn't mean the service was frustrating or annnoying, I meant that it took days or near a day for a person to get back to me via email. HP Phone support was much "worse" though, as i got transfered 3 times, and given a dead number. But that is just a slight gripe, the people themselves that i talked to were very nice and understanding, too.
@Willy: Thnaks. I've been looking at a few Acer's with 4GB ram, one of them was an Athlon x3 with a pretty decent GFX card. I am currently on an acer, and it seems to slow waaay down after a few years, even with cleaning it.
NewEgg has a few good deals, a lot on some Gateways, but a lot of the good (Core 2 duo) computers are over $599. I'll have to lok at TigerDirect again, only looked at their laptops.
Thanks to you both. Happy

Collapse -
SInce tiger is on the list.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 22, 2010 8:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks
Collapse -
Cyberpower.
by IT-95 / June 22, 2010 9:06 AM PDT

Wow, that looks.. Pretty amazing, thanks, I didn't know about that.
Plus I had been looking at x3's and i3's.
I'll consider that. Shipping price isn't great, but not bad either.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?