Laptops forum

General discussion

HP spectre x360 battery life so bad

I purchase a HP spectre x360 a month ago, so far, the function and other figures that totally met my requirment, however the battery life last only 5 hours or less only by doing web search under the battery saving mode, Im not even watch video or using macrosoft software for godsake, a ultrabook should be at least last 7 hours or so, im not expecting that battery will last 10 hours+ as they advertised on their website, I am so dispointed and are seriously considering return it. i talked to their tech support and the guy even told me to turn off the wifi and close all the programs, if the only way to keep laptop to be sustainable for a decent duration of time is to not using wifi, why would you buy a ultrabook at the first place? After that, he started to say, oh, you have a great laptop, this is top of the line, this is so great, you should be happy with it, i mean, what the hell, I spend almost 2000$ for a ultrabook, a decent battery life is a bottom line right? any one who saw this post should consider as a warning, dont buy this model until they can give us a satis solution.
an angry consumer .

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP spectre x360 battery life so bad
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP spectre x360 battery life so bad
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'll disagree.

In reply to: HP spectre x360 battery life so bad

Post was last edited on January 27, 2017 12:40 PM PST

Collapse -
I tested other ultrabook like xps13

In reply to: I'll disagree.

My friend's dell xps 13 can last for 9.5 hours doing what i did with an antivirus software, and can sustain a impressive 6.5 hours by playing videos on youtube, I dont know you are a employee of hp or you are talking about a completely different model, mine is a CPU i7, 512 SSD, 16RAM, newest convertible 2 in 1 laptop, I know that the battery life cant be as long as other ultrabook since a more powerful figure in mine, but i expect atleast a 7 hours of operation, like i said, all im doing is web searching, nothing else, go see other posts of the same model, its not just me, the bad battery life post is all over the place since 2015 when spectre was first introduced to public. all im saying is that a ultrabook should be at least stay a decent time period, anyone have a similar issue of this model is welcome to follow up some threads and maybe we can figure something out to extend battery life a little bit longer

Collapse -
only battery life

In reply to: I'll disagree.

I saw your link, to be honest, as a student, I really dont care about some specific details like resolution or others, Im happy about the speed, functions, and all other figures, the only thing Im disppointed about is the battery life, and if HP show some honesty and state the battery life is a shortage, I'll give another consideration prior to purchasing, the advertisement state a 10+ battery life deceived my judgment, thats why im so upset right now.

Collapse -
Your model is a series so

In reply to: only battery life

I had to pick a review to see if 5 or so hours was out of line. It wasn't so I can't call it bad.

All battery times are done with a specific setup and test. So any change, no matter how small you think it is, can lop hours off the rated time.

Since the review started at 2 hours and up, your times are spot on.

Collapse -
the advertisement state much longer

In reply to: Your model is a series so

When I bought this one, HP said on their website that can last 10+, some reviews even said that it could last for a day, so, I was thinking maybe my battery is a defected good, but tech sup test my battery and find nothing wrong, which means that battery were built this way to run 5 hours or less, Im just give some warnings for others, in case they find out the huge difference between actual and advertised battery life.

Collapse -
Your next move.

In reply to: the advertisement state much longer

Is to take HP to task over this and return it if they fail.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.