Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

hp psc 1510 printing inverted PLEASE HELP

by connorbrown / April 8, 2007 8:47 AM PDT

Hi,

I currently own a hp psc 1510 all-in-one photo printer, and just recently when i tryed to print a photo it came out inverted. When i first baught the printer it came with a tri-colour cartridge and a black cartrage which worked good and looked good on paper. Then both cartridges ran out of ink so i went out and baught a black (92) cartridge and a photo (99) cartridge instead of a standard tri-colour (93). The photo (99) is definatly compatible with the printer, i checked that out.

My printer has two cartridge slots one for tri-colour and the other for black or photo. I don't know if this is a standard thing on printers or not, but the printer will only print if both slots are filled with a cartridge regardless if it has ink or not. So i went ahead and put the tri-colour and the photo in each slot and attempted a photo print. After it printed i was disappointed to see that the colours way off and kind of inverted looking. This has never happened before. So i fiddled around with the hp software for awhile and printed i few more test photos and nothing changed. Then i started to get frustrated and tryed printing one more and the usual happened, the photo came out all crappy looking. Then i got meesage on my computer saying that the tri-colour ink cartridge is low. I'm guessing that means that this hole time i have been printing with the tri-colour cartridge instead of the intended photo cartridge. So i fiddled around with the hp software and the photo printing wizard trying to tell it wich cartridge to use, but had no luck. I even tryed swapping the photo for the tri-colour and puting the black in the old photo's spot but the photo doesnt fit in the tri-colour slot. My last resort was to disconnect the printer, reinstall the software and print the alignment paper and use it to realign the cartridge.

I hope that all makes sense

Thanks in advance for the help.

Connor

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: hp psc 1510 printing inverted PLEASE HELP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: hp psc 1510 printing inverted PLEASE HELP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
When you don't use the manufacturer's parts, you are likely
by Kiddpeat / April 8, 2007 8:59 AM PDT

to encounter a problem. The fix is to buy the correct replacement parts. You can't mix and match, and expect the printer to produce correct results.

Collapse -
HP
by connorbrown / April 8, 2007 11:34 AM PDT

The inks are all hewlett-packard, but the photo paper is not, i would assume that would not make any difference

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!