HolidayBuyer's Guide

Peripherals forum

General discussion

HP psc 1355 flashes of doom

by Bobby9093 / March 14, 2007 8:53 AM PDT

ive done some quick googling and i don't think this is a common problem (the closes thing i got was someone who installed there ink wrong). i recently tried to turn on my printer, when i did turn it on all of the lights on the display went crazy flashing on and off very fast in synchronization, and the small 7-segment display component just shows the letter "E". I'm hoping its software failer but I'm pretty sure its not. there was a power cut/surge earlier today and i fear it may have blown something on the inside of the printer itself. basically what I'm asking is for someone to confirm my fear, or tell me how to fix it. thanks in advanced.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP psc 1355 flashes of doom
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP psc 1355 flashes of doom
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Check into...
by Willy / March 14, 2007 9:35 AM PDT

Unplug AC to printer and all cords. Open frt. cover and look inside(use flashlight) and check to see if it all looks OK. I suggest you see if the "timing fence" a plastic strip is present and is very clean. You will see a clear strip with timing marks(up-down marks) all across the strip plus its mounted through the carriage. If its loose or broken, you need to replace(cost, you decide). If dirty, use a damp clean swatch of cloth or shop towel and wipe it down left to right, very carefully. Once done, reconnect cords and power-UP. If it still fails, make sure the ink carts are fully seated. Clean the ink carts contacts themselves with power-OFF. Power-ON and then pull AC cord. The carriage should move off the parking station and allow you to move carraige back and forth. Wipe down contacts and allow to dry or wipe dry. Return ink carts and repower-UP. You do need good/new ink carts in order that's not the problem. If all fails, try this link:
www.fixyourownprinter.com
and query there.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
thanks
by Bobby9093 / March 15, 2007 8:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Check into...

thanks alot for your help, i got my printer fixed. i unplugged it to have a look inside and i could see no faults, but when i plugged it back in it worked again. excellent!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.