General discussion

HP Printer won't install with VISTA OS

New HP all in one 6500 printer series doesn't want to install on computer with Vista 64 bit OS. This is a wireless printer.

How can I fix this issue without upgrading to windows 7?

Printer is not printing color, and calibration is off a bit. How do I fix if I cannot install cd?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: HP Printer won't install with VISTA OS
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HP Printer won't install with VISTA OS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Did you check

Did you check HP's website for Vista drivers?

- Collapse -
I downloaded the drivers and installed the program, but....

The printer won't allign and keeps failing the allignment process and it now prints yellow after I did a print clean option, but it won't print blue or cyan. Sad

I did not originally install this printer. Would it be better to completely uninstall and unplug it, and then try and reinstall?

What is preventing it from alligning and calibrating correctly? How can I get it to print color?

I am doing this for my friend and trying to save her money in tech help that someone else would probably charge a lot for.

CNET Forums