Peripherals forum

General discussion

HP printer manual

by rmcarl / July 7, 2004 9:38 AM PDT

Does anyone know where I can get a user manual for HP 682c deskjet printer? I have tried HP and EBay to no avail.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP printer manual
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP printer manual
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: HP printer manual
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 7, 2004 12:30 PM PDT
In reply to: HP printer manual
Collapse -
by rmcarl / July 7, 2004 1:18 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: HP printer manual

Thanks for the comeback Bob. However, no such like at that site. I need it in order to give the printer to a senior center that is asking for computer peripherals.

Collapse -
by Willy / July 7, 2004 11:36 PM PDT

If you have the install CD, check to see if there a printable manual there. For all intents and purposes, it really doesn't provide much other than pictures and basic install and info. Just make a 1-page document that describes how to install, laminate it if you want.
HP may have a reference file on that model, check to see.

good luck -----Willy

Collapse -
Re: HP printer manual = About 10 bucks.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 7, 2004 11:39 PM PDT

I read a few of the hits I supplied and you can buy the manual from them for about 10 bucks. It's my choice to share how to find such with a crafty GOOGLE, but just like showing where the water is, I don't fill the water glass and hand it over.

Since it's a gift, the new owner should be chided if they complain about this manual. Instead, print what's on HP's web site about this printer. Since hp.com is alive, well and I can find that printer, I leave your work to you.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: HP printer manual = About 10 bucks.
by rmcarl / July 8, 2004 9:39 AM PDT

Found nothing about this printer on HP's website and no manual on the 3.5 floppies that came with the printer. Most of the sites you suggested do not have the manual and the ones that do want an outrageous price for it.

Collapse -
Yes. It can cost.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 8, 2004 10:52 AM PDT

More than a new printer even, but some want the paper. I won't write that what I saw on my manual was worth keeping (oops, I just did.)

At least it's possible to replace the manual, but seeing its a gift, maybe just like a gift horse, don't look the gift horse in the _____.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: Yes. It can cost.
by rmcarl / July 8, 2004 12:12 PM PDT
In reply to: Yes. It can cost.

Thanks for the input. I will just scrap the printer and forget about the whole thing.

Collapse -
Re: Yes. It can cost.
by Willy / July 9, 2004 11:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Yes. It can cost.

If you want to get rid of the ptr. just box it up and give whatever you do have to Goodwill or Sal Army store. I find many and usually, they're good to go and yes, I don't need the manual, just the drivers. Of course the ptr. works, but the cost of ink carts makes it a doubtful deal, but when then the end-users are pretty happy to pay when the cost is nominal and it works, plus usually these prtrs. I salvage are more than simple bottom-end models if new.

Well, sad to hear the manual would cost too much.

adios -----Willy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!