1. AMD processors and better selection of hardware
2. Regular hardware (Some Dell hardware is proprietary i.e power supplies, $$$$ to replace)
3. You can buy them in retail stores
4. Retail store support (Staples, Bestbuy, Circuitcity, etc. are authorized dealers and repair centers, warranty work can be done there)
5. And the Dell printers that they throw in for free, you can't find the ink anywhere...
And for some comments on Dell, just search "Dell" in these forums and see what you get.
I need a main stream desktop PC for emailing, web surfing, etc. Just very basic. I don't game or record music. Anyone here have positive or negative comments about HP that I should know about? I've narrowed it down to either Dell or HP. Thanks.