General discussion

HP Photosmart AIO no longer prints black

Help! Our HP Photosmart C4480 has stopped printing black. At first it would simply sputter black, and now when you print anything text related you get a blank sheet of paper.

I've replaced the black ink cartridge three times and I continue to get the "low ink" warning. I've tried cleaning the print heads. Nothing seems to work. The color printing works fine.

It's hooked up to a Mac, but it won't print black from a PC either.

We've only had this printer a year or so and we use it sporadically, but when we need it, we need it. I hate the thought of buying another AIO, but I cannot seem to solve this problem.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: HP Photosmart AIO no longer prints black
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HP Photosmart AIO no longer prints black
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Check that receipt.
- Collapse -
Darn inkjet printers

All inkjets sooner or later become plaqued with dried ink or clogs at the ink cart. They simply don't like to be left un-used or not parked well. The surface of ink carts and/or the contacts as well become less workable and problems deveolope. If you haven't already, remove ink cart and wipe down the conatcs where they seat. Then wipe down the face of the ink cart as well. Alse, beware of older ink carts if you buy in bulk or tend to have long bouts w/o replacing ink carts as they too awaiting, become less than desirable when finally opened.

tada ------Willy Happy

CNET Forums

Forum Info