Peripherals forum

General discussion

HP Photosmart 2610 Install error

by klakdaddy / March 15, 2005 10:36 PM PST

I am receiving a constant error trying to install my HP Photosmart 2610 all in one printer. I have XP OPSYS, and have reinstalled the .NET 1.1 framework, SP2 for XP, ran HP's "access denied" software, disabled antivirus and firewall protection for install, and closed all (that I know of) programs having to do with SpyWare. I have attempted install over 7 times, and no joy. Any ideas?? Here is the error:

MSI.documentviewer

Fatal error during installation.

Error 1935.An error occured during installation of assembly
'Microsoft.MSXML2R,publicKeyToken="6bd6b9abf345378f",version="4.1.0.0",
type="win32",processorArchitecture="x86"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT:0x80070002.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP Photosmart 2610 Install error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP Photosmart 2610 Install error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Closing spyware programs?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 15, 2005 11:02 PM PST
Collapse -
No spyware...
by klakdaddy / March 15, 2005 11:11 PM PST

I removed any spyware programs. Plus, I do not have InCD on my system. The link provided talks about .net frameworks errors, but I do not think that is my problem...I get to 39 percent install...and then the error.

Collapse -
The error is a common .NET error.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 15, 2005 11:16 PM PST
In reply to: No spyware...

It seems you need to either do a little research or if you don't want to, pack the printer up and return it as defective.

I think it is. When hardware and software comes with such a defect, the only recourse we have sometimes is to just toss it back.

Bob

Collapse -
You're right
by klakdaddy / March 16, 2005 1:59 AM PST

Bob,
I have done extensive research on this, and am coming up short. I have even spent several hours on the phone with HP Tech Support with no success. I work in the IT networking/ADP field, and this is somwthing I have never experienced. Time to return I suppose. Thanks.

TJ

Collapse -
error 1935- fatal error
by Bibhu / March 29, 2005 6:37 PM PST

Issue:
A Microsoft Installer (MSI) Error 1935 error displays during installation.
NOTE: Make a note of the HRESULT value
Solution

Step 1: Recreate the error message

1. Restart the computer.
2. Use the MSCONFIG utility to shut down all virus and adaware software programs.
a. Click Start, and then Run. The Run window opens.
b. In the Open: box, type msconfig, and then click OK. The MSCONFIG utility window opens.
c. Click the Startup tab.
d. Click Disable All to disable any application that loads when the computer starts up.
e. Click the Services tab. Place a check mark in the Hide All Microsoft Services box.
f. Click the Disable All button.
g. Click OK.
h. Click Restart to apply the changes to the computer during the next restart.
i. Restart the computer.
NOTE: When the computer restarts, a System Configuration Utility message will display. Ignore this message while performing the necessary work on the computer.
3. Install the software by following the instructions below.
a. Insert the product's software CD into the CD-ROM drive on the computer.
b. If the software installer does not automatically start:
c. Click Start, then Run. The Run window opens.
d. In the Open: box, type d:\\setup.exe, where "d" is the letter of the CD-ROM drive.
e. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
4. The Error 1935 message should display.
5. Locate the HRESULT value listed in the error message (see item 2 in Figure 1).
 If the error lists the HRESULT value as 0x80070002/-2147024894, proceed to Step 2.
 If the error lists the HRESULT value as 0x8002802F/-2147319761, proceed to Step 4.
 If no HRESULT value is listed, proceed to Step 14.

Step 2: Download and run the MSXML Installer

1. When the Error 1935 message displays, do not click OK. Let the installation continue.
2. Click on this link to download MSXML.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c0f86022-2d4c-4162-8fb8-66bfc12f32b0&DisplayLang=en
3. Locate and click the msxml3usa.msi link on the page.
4. After the File Download dialog box displays, click Save.
5. In the Save in: box, select Desktop.
6. When the download completes, click Open. The Microsoft XML Parser Setup Wizard displays.
7. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to run the MSXML installer.
NOTE: One or more of the links above will take you outside the Hewlett-Packard Web site. HP does not control and is not responsible for information outside of the HP Web site.

Step 3: Close one instance of the software installer

1. Right-click Start, then click Explore. Windows Explorer opens.
2. On the left-hand side of the Explorer window, click Desktop.
3. In the list in right-hand side of the window, locate and double-click msxml3usa.msi to run another instance of the MSXML installer.
4. Close Windows Explorer.
5. When prompted by the installer, click Repair.
6. An error stating, Another installation is in progress displays. Do not click anything. Press Ctrl, Alt, and Delete at the same time on the keyboard to open the Task Manager window.
7. In the Task Manager window, click the Applications tab.
8. Two instances of the product's software installation program will show in the Applications list. Right-click the second instance and select End Task.
9. Click Try Again on the existing installation. It should successfully complete.
10. Try printing or scanning a document to test if the product is working correctly.
 If the issue is resolved, you do not need to continue with the rest of the instructions in this document.
 If the issue is not resolved, proceed to Step 4.

Step 4: Remove the .NET Framework

1. Click Start, Settings, and then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs. The Add/Remove Programs utility opens.
3. Locate the .NET Framework listing and click it to highlight it.
4. Click Remove.
5. Close the Add/Remove Programs utility.

Step 5: Rename 'mscoree.dll' to 'mscoree1.dll'

1. Click Start, and then Run. The Run windows opens.
2. In the Open: box, type %windir%\system32\. The System 32 directory opens.
3. Locate mscoree.dll in the list, and then right-click it.
4. Click Rename. Rename the file to mscoree1.dll.

Step 6: Make a backup copy of the Windows registry

Creating a backup copy of the registry for Microsoft

Collapse -
1 Step.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 29, 2005 8:25 PM PST

Box it up and return as defective. This product is not ready for the consumer market.

What a disaster.

Bob

Collapse -
wow
by klakdaddy / March 30, 2005 2:22 AM PST
In reply to: 1 Step.

i returned it, bought a Epson, works like a champ. No way should anyone hae to do all that for a PRINTER to work. Thanks everyone....lol.

Collapse -
Eror 1935
by EnterUsername / April 19, 2005 11:30 AM PDT

If this wasn't so detailed, I'd swear it was a hoax. What a bunch of crap. All of this because Microsoft has forced software to buy into their micky mouse .NET whatever. I sinply attempted to install Quickbooks Pro 2005 and here I am...

Thanks Billy G

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Is this a rant or plea for help?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 19, 2005 11:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Eror 1935
Collapse -
1935 Error
by EnterUsername / April 20, 2005 3:05 AM PDT

Yes!! I have found nothing but jibberish from MS in their KB about any meaningful resolution for this dreaded .NET install debacle and the Google search hits w/suggested workarounds I have found are extremely complex. What a load...

If you have experienced this and have a tried and true resolution, I am all ears.

Gracias!

Collapse -
No.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 20, 2005 3:45 AM PDT
In reply to: 1935 Error

"If you have experienced this and have a tried and true resolution, I am all ears."

There is no assurance or experience here.

Did you try this one? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308096

In closing, what does Quickbooks have to say?

The reason I ask is you are entitled to a full refund if it won't install. And it costs them on each return.

Bob

Collapse -
HP Photosmart 2610 Errors all over the place!
by goperri / November 24, 2006 11:10 PM PST

In the beginning I had a Deskjet 900 series which at one point required a driver update. I had to call HP because the updated driver would not install. I was told the printer was obsolete and HP sold me an upgrade which happened to be the Photosmart 2610 all in one, which I was thrilled with, especially since it only cost me $100.00 and some change.

I've owned this machine for a little over a year and all of a sudden the thing starts spitting out paper and gives a paper jam error when there is no paper jam.

I called HP and was told (after going through many steps to correct the issue), that the machine was bad and I had to buy a new one. The options given were all $300+ so I told the tech it was too rich for my blood.

Now I'm left with no printer, no fax machine, no copier, and no flatbed scanner. I'm not happy.

One other note to those who purchase the Photosmart 2610 all in one or 2610 printer. The new printers have small print cartridges therefore you are forced to pay a small fortune for the ink much more often than with the older models.

I have no alternative except to purchase an all in one for about $120.00 at the local Sam's Club.

Should anyone know a fix for this problem, please respond to this post.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?