Laptops forum

General discussion

HP Pavilion LCD Display is Dull/Dim - No Tech supt fm HP

Product Model Number : HP PAVILION DV 4381 EA INTEL CENTRINO 1.86 GHZ 512MB 60 GB DVDRW 15.4" TFT TB 56K 10/100 NIC BT WINDOWS XP HOME Product Serial Number : 2CE61002HT Product Purchase Date: 03-MAY-2006 INV NO. 1298 - Place of Purchase - Dubai with 1 year Intl.Warranty

Above said product LCD display is down/dul/dim and I took all the measures for seeking HP support to assist me in solving the problem but all in vain. Finally was told to visit (am from India) either Dubai or any other nearest country to take HP tech support. Will this be viable to fly nearest country for HP support? And when i checked the part number of the LCD is 337008-001 and the cost is USD552. The total cost of Note book was USD1100 and within 5 months i got this problem.

Can anybody help me on this issue? What to do and how to deal this issue? Any technical support from IT friends circle?
Thanks / P.SELVAKUMAR

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP Pavilion LCD Display is Dull/Dim - No Tech supt fm HP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP Pavilion LCD Display is Dull/Dim - No Tech supt fm HP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Pls advise...

In reply to: HP Pavilion LCD Display is Dull/Dim - No Tech supt fm HP

Hi P.SELVAKUMAR
i m too abt to get a laptop...most probably frm US...main reason for getting frm der is that even after i max out top configuration , its a lot cheaper.the laptop series i m looking is available in india also.
jst to knw more details , can u post smething on wat shld i keep in mind or so, or u can mail me at austere.sly@gmail.com

Thanks

Collapse -
try this

In reply to: Pls advise...

i dont know about ur model but my hp notebook you can hold down the fn key and f7 to dim and f8 to brighten the display also you can click on the nvidia icon in the taskbar and click on color correction and set the digital viberance to the level you prefer i have mine slightly higher than the medium setting.. i hope that helps.

Collapse -
If you haven't figure it out

In reply to: HP Pavilion LCD Display is Dull/Dim - No Tech supt fm HP

And the screen seems to be really dim, not something you can adjust by holding the fn key and tapping f7 or f8 or the appropriate function key to adjust the brightness of the screen, you may need to remove the plastic casing from the screen and check the cable that connects the screen to the inverter. If you need instructions, email me or submit another post.

Collapse -
oh dear i think i have the same problem!

In reply to: If you haven't figure it out

hi hi! i think i'm facing the same problem on my compaq inspiron laptop. However, my laptop is not new, about 4-5 yrs. I can see the on-goings on the screen FAINTLY..barely actually.. so at least i know the LCD is alright but it looks as though 'some light bulb' blew! Pls help! If i'm unable to open the casing n all by myself, would it be expansive to get outside help ? Thanks !

Collapse -
HP LCD DISPLAY DULL/DIM

In reply to: oh dear i think i have the same problem!

Problem still persists and HP in India does not provide any suitable solution. However when i enquired about the cost of new LCD is USD450 and it is worthless to invest and replace part for the worst HP systems.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.