Peripherals forum

General discussion

HP Pavilion f1703 blackout - reported today 5/14/05

My f1703 monitor began blacking out a week or so ago.
I was able to unplug it and plug it back in and it would work for a day or so. Then, it started happening more frequently...now, it will only come on for a second or two. I called HP support this afternoon (but, since it is out of warranty - 15 months old)..they would only offer me a refurbished one for $350. RIGHT...like I want another one of these...what, so I can pay $350 in another year for another replacement. I don't think so!
I asked the HP Support person if others had reported this problem and he said "NO". After I did not accept his offer to replace my bad monitor with a refurbished one...I went online and searched "known issues HP Pavilion f1703"...hoping to find a solution....and I found this website. This is amazing to me! I have read every post related to the blackouts and it appears MANY people have reported the same problem.
So, I guess HP has NO WAY of tracking "repeat" problems/issues with their equipment...Yeah..right!!

I (like another post I read) am responsible for the hardware purchases for a very large (Fortune 500 Company)....and because of the loss of respect that I now have for HP....I WILL NOT purchase one more item from them. It is very obvious that they do not care about the little guy. So, maybe the BIG GUY can get their attention. I realize that my own personal $500 monitor is no big deal to them...but, losing a couple of million a year...could possibly make them take a second look at customer service.

All they had to do is admit that there is a problem and offer a remedy for it (replacement, apology, something!!). Instead, they offer nothing but a big fat LIE (they are not aware of this problem).

My next step is to try the power adapter replacement. My fingers are crossed that this will work....if not, I will purchase a new LCD flat panel monitor (I will try Dell...maybe they value their customers)!

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on you HP!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP Pavilion f1703 blackout - reported today 5/14/05
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP Pavilion f1703 blackout - reported today 5/14/05
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
SAME THING EXACTYLY

In reply to: HP Pavilion f1703 blackout - reported today 5/14/05

Yup I just read your post. I have the same problem too. WOW. I have not read any remedies yet but I have said the same thing. Not only am I having issues with my monitor BUT, I am also having a flicker issue with my computer and my hard drive crashed all of this happening in December of 06. NEVER AGAIN HP and go to H#LL

Collapse -
HP are Jerks!!

In reply to: SAME THING EXACTYLY

My monitor crashed as well just out of warrenty. I bought a 2 year extended with CompUSA which should have covered me until August 2007. When I took it in they said the warranty had expired with them started the day I bought it and not after the manufacturers warrenty. Argued with a manager who threatened me and then was going to call the police. Then called HP. Got some Indian dude who said there was no problem with the momitor. There was no recall. Got transfered to Tech support and eventually convinced him that there was a recall. He said that I was too late and would have to pay $45 to diagnose there was a problem with the monitor. It is not working I think that I know this. I asked so if there is a problem what is the next step. He said I would buy a new or refurbed one through HP at $300-400. So I said you want me to pay $45 to diagnose that I have a problem that I know about and then I have to buy a new monitor. He said yes. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he refused.

Way to go HP. What happened to customer service? What about notifying us about problems and recalls???? HP never again!!!1 I have only had HP computers, iPAQ's and printers. I was going to be buying an LCD TV this weeked from them. Soooo not happening!

Collapse -
PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH YOUR HP F1703!!!

In reply to: HP are Jerks!!

I agree with all of you about customer service at HP, they suck!!!
If your monitor is suffering blackout & want it fixed please e-mail me rconway1968@sbcglobal.net & I can help you.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.