Desktops forum

General discussion

hp pavilion a1430n Sound problems under vista!

by Derickthegreat / June 30, 2008 3:41 PM PDT

OK, so this only happens sometimes, here's the computers specs:
AMD Athlon x2 3800+ Dual core Processor
2gb DDR 400 Ram
160GB, 250GB, 80GB Hard drives one sata two IDE
HP Lightscribe DVD+rw Drive
Upgraded from windows xp media center to windows vista home premium sp1
OK, it was doing this more often when the sound would be real crackly and Skippy like on a old scratched up CD, so i bought a cheap Sound blaster audigy PCI Sound card, problem kept going, this problem comes and goes from time to time, but if i'm playing a game like the sims 2 it makes the sound real bad quality! I know the sims2.com says that under vista you need a video card that is a nvidia 6200 or better, this computer came with a 6150LE and works fine under vista, and works great with the sims, i haven't played any of my intensive games in this machine because i wanna buy a new card, but i just bought one for my old hp that has vista and does not share this problem! What do i do?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: hp pavilion a1430n Sound problems under vista!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: hp pavilion a1430n Sound problems under vista!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That sounds like...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 30, 2008 10:32 PM PDT

The old DMA issues or someone didn't install motherboard chipset drivers. When you install Windows yourself from scratch or an upgrade you must find and install all the drivers (there are about 10) since Microsoft doesn't do this. Tell me about your post Windows driver hunt and install.
Bob

Collapse -
Drivers where found!
by Derickthegreat / July 1, 2008 3:41 AM PDT
In reply to: That sounds like...

Before i upgraded i took a visit to www.HP.com and typed in the search box hp pavilion a1430n drivers and it gave me options for windows xp or windows vista 32bit and 64bit drivers, so i updated the onboard sound drivers, but the onboard did not work period with vista, so i put in a sound blaster audigy that has the drivers from their website, creative.com. i did install all drivers before doing anything, i noticed that some of the drivers on hp's site say 1-2007, there over a year old. the computer works great with vista, just when playing games the sound is kinda bad, and i know its not the card because i put it in my other hp that i upgraded to vista, the other hp is a hp pavilion a735w desktop that's around 4 years older then this computer.

Collapse -
Thanks for the model number.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 1, 2008 9:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Drivers where found!
Collapse -
Drivers up to date!
by Derickthegreat / July 2, 2008 8:30 AM PDT

Thanks for the response's, but i went to nvidia's website directly and installed the drivers, then i went to creative to see if there was an update for the sound card, there was, i downloaded it and installed the updates and it seems that it kinda cured it, its still doing the same thing, but not as bad as it was the other day!

Collapse -
One more thing. DMA...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 2, 2008 8:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Drivers up to date!
Collapse -
Sound problem with vista
by juckds / August 28, 2009 5:45 PM PDT

I had the same problem as yours.
You received the following error message:

"no audio output device is installed"

You can find the solution at http://www.noaudiooutput.com

I used their solution and it works perfectly.

Propose them your problem, they have many solutions for all sound problem with vista.

Collapse -
Sound problem with vista
by juckds / September 13, 2009 1:50 PM PDT

This problem is due to the update. You lose sound and find a red x over your sound icon. Then you get the error message "no audio output device is installed"

I also had this problem. I did a search and I found the solution at www.noaudiooutput.com.
Hope it helps, they have many suggestions.

Collapse -
Sound problem with vista
by juckds / September 17, 2009 1:43 AM PDT

You can find a solution for sound problm with vista at noaudiooutput.com

I hope it helps, they have many suggestions.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.