notebook, sales tax and warranty (basically the out the door price tag). It's a
refund from my last notebook.
<div>
<div>I have been researching notebook computers for the
last few weeks now and I have narrowed it down to a few notebooks, but open to
others. </div>

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP or Toshiba and need warranty advice
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP or Toshiba and need warranty advice
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
There is a big difference with the 1st and 2nd genration
by orlbuckeye / April 17, 2011 8:21 AM PDT

Sandy Bridge processors. 2nd generation will run cooler and has better power Mgmt and will most likely last longer.

Collapse -
HP and warranty.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 17, 2011 9:43 AM PDT

Last year HP failed to execute on the warranty leaving me with extreme doubt on whether HP does handle warranty at all.

Yes, HP has finally contacted me some 6 months later but would average Joe/Jane be able to get by with such a lax response?

The story about my HP warranty is still ongoing.
Bob

Collapse -
I've never had an HP warranty before...
by BVinsight / April 17, 2011 9:56 AM PDT
In reply to: HP and warranty.

I've had several computers in my time, but both of my HP's (one desktop and one notebook) have both had issues. One was the wrong restore CDs that caused issues and the other was a hardware failure after 2.5 years of ownership. In both cases, they had retailer warranties... old Circuit City and Best Buy. But I still like HP products, they feel and look solid when the have a hard case.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.