Question

HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610 PRINTER PROBLEM - HELP!

May 30, 2014 2:21AM PDT

I had a computer running XP and tried to install a new HP 8610 printer. After installing, when I tried to print out advertisement coupons from a storefrom which I do a lot of business, the printing was really erratic, ie: sometimes it would not print all 4 pages; sometimes it would cut off some of the right side of the pages; sometimes it would work fine. I tried several times to uninstall, then re-install the software, to no avail - same problems. I called HP and the Tech said, after taking over the computer, that the Operating System (XP) and processor could not handle the printer and was advised that if I wanted to use that printer, I should buy a better computer with at least Windows 7. I called HP and did just that. Windows 7 with a 3.5 ghz processor - well above the specs shown by hp for use with that printer, though it DID say the printer would run on XP. Well, installed the new computer, installed the new Printer's software and still having the same problems?? I really could use some help as I am at wit's end with this problem. Thanks in advance for any help!
MIKEY

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610 PRINTER PROBLEM - HELP!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610 PRINTER PROBLEM - HELP!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Cheat.
May 30, 2014 2:27AM PDT

For me I install DoPDF from http://www.dopdf.com/ then I print to the PDF. That way I can preview the result of the printing before I print to the HP printer.

If you can't make a PDF then the issue is not the printer.
Bob

- Collapse -
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610 PRINTER PROBLEM - HELP
May 30, 2014 2:39AM PDT

Mr. Proffitt,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my problem. Though I don't have the time right now to follow your suggestion, I will tomorrow, and I will let you know what happens. I just wanted to say Thanks for your kindness in replying.

- Collapse -
Answer
cant stop printing
Dec 30, 2015 12:41PM PST

I have an office jet pro 8610.I started printing some Information for my wife, but it kept printing. It printed approx fifty pages I turned off the printer, later I turned it back on. It did not start printing for about 3 minutes, it started PRINTINGi HAD TO TURN OFF THE PRINTER MORE INFORMATION I HAD TO TURN OFF THE PRINTER AGAIN. iS THERE ANY WAY TO DELETE THE INFORMATION FROM THE SITE, OR THE PRINTER?

- Collapse -
Please avoid old posts. Try this.
Dec 30, 2015 1:26PM PST

CNET Forums

Forum Info