Peripherals forum

General discussion

HP Officejet 7130 Fax Problem

by hgratt / November 16, 2004 3:43 AM PST

I have a networked Officejet 7130 multifunction machine. Very frequently (but not all the time), when I send a multipage fax from the front panel, the last page "hangs" and the job has to be canceled. All but the last page are successfully transmitted. This failure only happens on the last page of the mutipage fax.

HP, of course, is of no help. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks,
Harvey

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HP Officejet 7130 Fax Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HP Officejet 7130 Fax Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: HP Officejet 7130 Fax Problem
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 16, 2004 6:41 AM PST

On other makes and models. After awhile we kept track of who we were sending the fax to. After awhile we found it was all of a handful of numbers that had an issue. And when we looked into what fax machine they had, in every case the fax machine was nearly 20 years old.

It appears that not all these machines can converse with very old machines.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: HP Officejet 7130 Fax Problem
by hgratt / November 16, 2004 6:58 AM PST

Thanks for the information. That may very well be part of it. Unfortunately, I also had a multipage send failure when I faxed to my son whom I had given my old HP T65 (only 5 years or so old).

So, I'm still not sure if this is the definitive answer. Hopefully some other people will respond.

Thanks,
Harvey

Collapse -
With that T65 failure you can make a case.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 16, 2004 8:45 AM PST

I'd call HP and ask for them for new firmware, drivers or exchange.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: With that T65 failure you can make a case.
by hgratt / November 17, 2004 12:12 AM PST

Been there. Done that. Drivers/Firmware are current. All they'll do is send a refurbished unit. Another person who has the same issue was sent a refurbished unit and 2 new document feeders but the problem persisted.

HP would not allow an exchange to a newer model which was actually $200 cheaper. I used to be a proponent of HP, but no longer.

Thanks,
Harvey

Collapse -
What advice I can give....
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 17, 2004 12:49 AM PST

Write a letter. If your unit is less than a year old when this issue popped up or occured from day one, it's time to draft up a FIRM but never angry sounding letter.

State what you want (the unit replaced with a different model).

To wit and help about -> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+write+a+complaint+letter

It reiterates what I just wrote...

I will share that such a letter got me a full refund of 450 bucks on some service I had done this year. I'm a big believer in the written letter of complaint.

Be sure to take out any ire and spit. That's very important. And make sure you state what you want.

FOR INSTANCE, if you feel the 200 buck cheaper unit actually does the job, it may be all you can ask is for them to exchange it for that unit and forget the bucks... Unit exchanges can be done by almost anyone without much approval. Giving you "one dollar" may be far beyond their power.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: What advice I can give....
by hgratt / November 17, 2004 1:55 AM PST

Thanks Bob.

I think I will try that route now - it certainly can't hurt. I appreciate your time.

Harvey

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.