Question

HP Motherboard

I tried installing a Geforce 770 video card in my HP HPE H8 1112C desktop. The computer would not boot up with the card installed. After trying everything I could think of I took it to Best Buy ( where I bought the card) and asked them to install it. They informed me that the motherboard had been flashed by HP to prevent the installation of 3rd party components. Has anyone heard of this before?

Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: HP Motherboard
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HP Motherboard
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Haven't seen that. But

But I have seen this happen when the stock power supply can't handle the better cards.
Bob

- Collapse -
Power supply shouldn't be the problem.

I also installed a 625W power supply.

- Collapse -
I wouldn't know that.

Also I see many forget a power cable to the video card. Sorry but it's so rare to see a board lock out cards anymore. Try hp.com and click on their chat button to ask.
Bob

CNET Forums